Who Should be The QB

Dr Z

Who Should QB the Zips  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we should give each QB one full game to have a great performance. If they don't, ditch 'em and go to the next one. When we run out of QBs, start converting other players to QBs and give them each one full game to prove themselves. Then, off with their heads. And if they all fail, then we'll have to face the fact that the QB represents 1 of 11 offensive players on the field. Even the best QB is not likely to have a great performance without at least decent performances from the other 10 positions, and a good game plan for them all to execute.But seriously, folks, Rodgers or any other QB deserves more than one full game to prove themselves. He was part of the problem in his first start, but far from the whole problem.
Thank you Dave. I have some news for some of you...I know some people who've seen Nicely play in high school, and they aren't really impressed with him...especially when he played against good competition. I urge everyone to relax. We all wanted to see Rodgers play....now please let him play. We should be getting a great chance to see what he has over the next several weeks.For the most part, I think Matt had some timing issues last week. Threw too late or too early in a number of situations. A hallmark sign of someone who hasn't played much. i'm sure he'll work to clean that up.

I think we should give each QB one full game to have a great performance. If they don't, ditch 'em and go to the next one. When we run out of QBs, start converting other players to QBs and give them each one full game to prove themselves. Then, off with their heads. And if they all fail, then we'll have to face the fact that the QB represents 1 of 11 offensive players on the field. Even the best QB is not likely to have a great performance without at least decent performances from the other 10 positions, and a good game plan for them all to execute.But seriously, folks, Rodgers or any other QB deserves more than one full game to prove themselves. He was part of the problem in his first start, but far from the whole problem.
Thank you Dave. I have some news for some of you...I know some people who've seen Nicely play in high school, and they aren't really impressed with him...especially when he played against good competition. I urge everyone to relax. We all wanted to see Rodgers play....now please let him play. We should be getting a great chance to see what he has over the next several weeks.For the most part, I think Matt had some timing issues last week. Threw too late or too early in a number of situations. A hallmark sign of someone who hasn't played much. i'm sure he'll work to clean that up.
I also have talked to people who,ve watched and said that his O-line was not the best and he was running from pressure and as for timing issues with Rodgers come on throwing wounded ducks into double and triple coverage is not gonna get the job done 4 ints.Next several weeks are you kidding me by that time you can put a fork in our chances for a MAC Championship. Go Zips!

I know some people who've seen Nicely play in high school, and they aren't really impressed with him
Any of those people happen to be high school football fans who root for Ohio State? I used to have a lot of OSU fans tell me that Frye was no good, because if he was he would be at OSU. Then he got drafted by the Browns, then those same guys told me he was good, then those guys told me he was bad later. The same OSU fans told me Zwich (sp?) was going to be great. The same OSU fans told me they didn't want OSU to get Pryor, then when they got him, he was the greatest, now they aren't sure again. OSU fans are funny.

But I've heard that Matt's shoulder has been bothering him some for a little while now
I thought so!!!! He couldn't throw a spiral in the second half to save his life and that took us right out of the game.

But I've heard that Matt's shoulder has been bothering him some for a little while now
I thought so!!!! He couldn't throw a spiral in the second half to save his life and that took us right out of the game.
Must have been bothering him in the spring game too.