Bright future

Any good news helps right now.The reality is, we can have great teams over the next several years, maybe even better than this year's team, and still not be fortunate enough to be sitting on the doorstep of a national title in mid-December. Then again, we could be in the title game every year. You never know. That's why it's so painful when you do not finish the job when you are in that position. Even a program that's been as strong as ours had a 23 year hiatus from the title game. I'm sorry. I'm having a tough time getting over this. Even though most people have said to me, "It's just soccer...nobody will even notice", I still so badly wanted us to have a national championship.

Not raining on the parade at all here, but I'm not sure where you got the information about next year's class being one of the best in the country... we have (to my knowledge) only one recruit signed for next year, that being Perry Kitchen, captain of the U-17 national team. Granted he is a phenomenal get, but I doubt that one recruit alone is enough to push us to the "top" of the recruiting rankings. Having said that, we really only needed one recruit because only one starter is graduating (Zemanski). It is still in the early stages after the season, but there is a chance that Blair, Ampi, or even maybe Teal will leave for the MLS. Time will tell, but that is what we really need to worry about at this point. Regardless I'm sure the Zips will be a preseason top 5 and stick around all year putting us in good position to make the College Cup again next year. The future is indeed bright!!! Go Zips! :rock:

Any good news helps right now.The reality is, we can have great teams over the next several years, maybe even better than this year's team, and still not be fortunate enough to be sitting on the doorstep of a national title in mid-December. Then again, we could be in the title game every year. You never know. That's why it's so painful when you do not finish the job when you are in that position. Even a program that's been as strong as ours had a 23 year hiatus from the title game. I'm sorry. I'm having a tough time getting over this. Even though most people have said to me, "It's just soccer...nobody will even notice", I still so badly wanted us to have a national championship.
I don't know if we played to our full potential at C.C. or not (they kept talking about our forwards slowing down in the "red zone") but I'm convinced that overall we're not much better and not much worse than those top ACC teams, and they have a lot going for them. We should try to schedule some games with them during regular season to prepare for the tourney. The experience this year will help a lot if (when) we get back. Caleb just needs to keep doing what he's doing and it will come. Yeah, it sucks to wait another year...all we can do now is focus on winning the MAC in hoops.

Not raining on the parade at all here, but I'm not sure where you got the information about next year's class being one of the best in the country... we have (to my knowledge) only one recruit signed for next year, that being Perry Kitchen, captain of the U-17 national team. Granted he is a phenomenal get, but I doubt that one recruit alone is enough to push us to the "top" of the recruiting rankings. Having said that, we really only needed one recruit because only one starter is graduating (Zemanski). It is still in the early stages after the season, but there is a chance that Blair, Ampi, or even maybe Teal will leave for the MLS. Time will tell, but that is what we really need to worry about at this point. Regardless I'm sure the Zips will be a preseason top 5 and stick around all year putting us in good position to make the College Cup again next year. The future is indeed bright!!! Go Zips! :rock:
Top 5? If we're lower than #2, send in the FBI!See you all in Santa Barbara, California. December 10, 2010.http://ucsbgauchos.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/cup10gen.html

Top 5? If we're lower than #2, send in the FBI!See you all in Santa Barbara, California. December 10, 2010.http://ucsbgauchos.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/cup10gen.html
Haha, touche! Good call though. Looking forward to meeting you in a year or so!