Tulsa - THE BIG GAME!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was an interesting note on a gozips article

Last Year Versus Tulsa

The Zips were 2-0 against the Hurricane a year ago with a 1-0 victory in Tulsa in the second game of the year and another 1-0 result at Lee Jackson Field against TU in the NCAA quarterfinals.

The Zips jumped on top early in both matches with Anthony Ampaipitakwong finding the net at the 10 minute mark in the first contest and Kofi Sarkodie scoring a goal in the 17th minute in the last.

UA out-shot Tulsa by a combined count of 23-12, including a 10-5 margin on goal as year ago.

To me that says last year they couldn't play with us. We scored early, they packed the D in hopes to get a quick strike the other way.

Thoughts?

I thought this was an interesting note on a gozips article

Last Year Versus Tulsa

The Zips were 2-0 against the Hurricane a year ago with a 1-0 victory in Tulsa in the second game of the year and another 1-0 result at Lee Jackson Field against TU in the NCAA quarterfinals.

The Zips jumped on top early in both matches with Anthony Ampaipitakwong finding the net at the 10 minute mark in the first contest and Kofi Sarkodie scoring a goal in the 17th minute in the last.

UA out-shot Tulsa by a combined count of 23-12, including a 10-5 margin on goal as year ago.

To me that says last year they couldn't play with us. We scored early, they packed the D in hopes to get a quick strike the other way.

Thoughts?

The one thing I remember about the quarterfinal match last year, is that in the final 20 minutes, they started getting off shots left and right. It was pretty nerve wracking being a fan. lol I think part of that might have been playing not to lose, and we just packed it in, but Tulsa didn't look that out matched. Tonight I think we win 2-1. With the Zips possessing the ball the majority of the time. Tulsa will probably capitalize on a quick counter for their only goal.

Just got cowbell for our boys! Sent an e-mail to The Really Big Show on 850WKNR and Rizzo read it on the air and gave our boys some props for being the #1 team in the nation.

For those that missed it here was my e-mail:

"Rizz,

Can we get a mention for the University of Akron soccer game tonight on Fox Soccer Channel? The game is at 8PM tonight and is a rematch of last year’s NCAA Tournament Semi-final match where Akron won 1-0. Akron is #1 in the country and their opponent Tulsa is #3.

Good to be alive!

Brian in Lorain"

Didn't realize Tulsa was #2, Oh well, they won't be there next week after tonight ;) And I also didn't realize the game last year was the quarterfinal. Oh well, the point was to get UA out there and I think I did just that!

GO ZIPS!

Just got cowbell for our boys! Sent an e-mail to The Really Big Show on 850WKNR and Rizzo read it on the air and gave our boys some props for being the #1 team in the nation.

For those that missed it here was my e-mail:

"Rizz,

Can we get a mention for the University of Akron soccer game tonight on Fox Soccer Channel? The game is at 8PM tonight and is a rematch of last year’s NCAA Tournament Semi-final match where Akron won 1-0. Akron is #1 in the country and their opponent Tulsa is #3.

Good to be alive!

Brian in Lorain"

Didn't realize Tulsa was #2, Oh well, they won't be there next week after tonight ;) And I also didn't realize the game last year was the quarterfinal. Oh well, the point was to get UA out there and I think I did just that!

GO ZIPS!

Great job getting that on the air! :thumb:

Well i hope everyone has FSC as i wont be recording any highlights for tonights game (wayyyy too rowdy to bring a camera tonight, plus everyone will be watching on tv hopefully!) but hopefully we can find the highlights on ESPN later. :thumb:

Speaking of TV, does anyone have an online link for those of us out of the city/state/country?

http://atdhe.net/tv/watch_fox_soccer_channel.html

?

Well i hope everyone has FSC as i wont be recording any highlights for tonights game (wayyyy too rowdy to bring a camera tonight, plus everyone will be watching on tv hopefully!) but hopefully we can find the highlights on ESPN later. :thumb:

Speaking of TV, does anyone have an online link for those of us out of the city/state/country?

http://atdhe.net/tv/watch_fox_soccer_channel.html

?

It didn't work for me. Any thoughts?