Women's Recruits

First Off - Congratulations to the Women's soccer team for cliching a playoff berth for the second straight year!!

Was checking out Top Drawer soccer and the recruitung database...here's a summary:

AKRON

Brascia, Meghan - D - Las Vegas, NV - Neusport: 2008 Region IV ODP, Ranked #9 in Rocky Mtn. Region by Top Drawer Soccer

Frawley, Alexandra - D - Wheeling, WV - Beadling: Ranked #10 in Pennsylvania by Top Drawer Soccer

Green, Lexa - D - Las Vegas, NV - Neusport: 2009 Region IV ODP, 2010 Region IV ODP, Ranked #8 in Rocky Mtn. Region by Top Drawer Soccer

Kirkwood, Hailey - D - Las Vegas, NV - Neusport

Pimm, Carli - F - Plain City, OH - Ohio Premier Eagles

Reymann, Danielle - D - Columbus, OH - Ohio Premier Eagles

George, Katie - D - OH Cleveland Internationals

Waskowski, Megan - F - Strongsville, OH - Cleveland Internationals

Werth, Hannah - M - Bloomington, MN - Minnesota Thunder Academy: 2008 Region II ODP, Ranked #14 in Midwest Region by Top Drawer Soccer

It's nice to see that some of the top local talent has committed to Akron!! B)

• 3 months later...
A question for the Nation.

Wasn't there suppose to be a first team All State player from Medina?

Is she coming or did she bail?

There has never been a Medina player talked about on the Zips recruiting databases as far as I am aware of.

Must have been Brianna Kanz of Medina's rival, Walsh. This girl's orthopedic surgeon should get an award. Four surgeries, three reconstructive rehabs? This girl's gotta be tough. Is she the perfect stopper?

BTW -- she originally committed to the Portage gals. Must have taken the trip to the swamp before reconsidering.

Anything on Lexa Green yet? Did coach get her LOI?

-edit- Never mind, I see it on the other signing day thread. We should have the best defense in the MAC automatically.

Z.I.P., a little bird told me that the UPS was late on sending her the LOI papers to sign, so that's why her fax was sent in later than the others...