Ianello's Twitter

akron football

While i will say he does look like quite the goober and i'm sure that does play at least a small part in recruiting, I will point out that appearances are not everything. Don't you think some recruits around the country have been bothered by old man Paterno coming to their house and reeking of old guy? That didnt stop plenty of them from signing and i'm sure if Ianello is as good a recruiter as he's supposed to be, the same weird things about him will take a backseat to what he's pitching.

Though whether or not he's even a good recruiter remains to be seen.

Not only that, but i'm sure there a few (not many) good coaches out there that did not play high level football and they are doing just fine.

While i will say he does look like quite the goober and i'm sure that does play at least a small part in recruiting, I will point out that appearances are not everything. Don't you think some recruits around the country have been bothered by old man Paterno coming to their house and reeking of old guy? That didnt stop plenty of them from signing and i'm sure if Ianello is as good a recruiter as he's supposed to be, the same weird things about him will take a backseat to what he's pitching.

Though whether or not he's even a good recruiter remains to be seen.

Not only that, but i'm sure there a few (not many) good coaches out there that did not play high level football and they are doing just fine.

So let me get this straight - you are comparing a legendary coach like Joe Pa from a proven Big Ten power going to a recruits house to Coach Ianello from the worst team in the worst conference with no head coaching experience who never won a game - and the recruit is going to overlook the wierd things about him because...... wait..... I forget...... why are they going to overlook this???