Ball State Game

Z-Pouch

I didn't like what I heard Dambrot say about Nick Dials' knee. He said he's favoring that leg and may get a lighter practice schedule.Still, a terrific win when the Zips weren't playing their best. This game will matter much more in March than January.
Zips37 is right - Dials is one of the toughest kids we ever had but who would have thought going into the year that guard depth would be a concern for this team. It will be interesting with the upcoming busy schedule if KD tries to keep Dials from being over used and give some more minutes to another guard off the bench for "just in case" sake. Who would that guard be ? Sowers ? Due to his defense, he would probably get the nod over Mraz and Goddard but it is really thin now after the top 3 guards without Bubba and Conyers. Is Rybak an option ? Can he play off guard and handle defensing opposing guard.Now is the time though to spread the guard minutes out and keep Dials fresh - We start off playing 5 weaker MAC west teams and OOC Cleveland State before going to Ohio at the end of the month. I think Dials has to be there and effective at the end of the year for any real success.

Good points - fortunately Dials has been kept around 25 minutes per night, substantial minutes but not the 35+ minutes that Dru had last year. No question that Dials is tough as nails, and right now we need him in there to win. A couple wins here or there may be the differenece between a top 3 seed or a 9 seed. I can't see Rybak playing the 2 spot right now.Great win all around. Those are the games that we always seemed to lose in the past. Teams are so evenly matched, coaching does matter in this league. Buckley seems to lose more of those than win over the last couple of years. I think he is gone after this year as well as Jay Smith and maybe Joplin.Nice job by Romeo stepping up bigtime!

I wasn't able to listen to the Ball State game, but, as you all know, winning on the road in the MAC is exceptional!What is the latest on Conyers? Is he in school? Will he be suited up next year?this Saturday I'm going down to Columbus to see St.V. play Lancaster. Last season Lancaster handed McKinley their only loss of the year. This was largely due to the play of Christ McKnight - a Zips recruit who is a senior at Lancaster this year. He was named the Columbus "Play-By-Play Classic" tournament MVP last year after his team won the tourney by beating McKinley. He was offered by West Virginia. I found some pictures of him on the web and he looks fantastic! I'm excited to get him in the lineup next season - along with a healthy Jeremiah Wood!Go Zips! :wave: