Bubba Speaks

Zippy989

Could it be that the kid possibly didn't like going to school in Akron?People transfer school all the time because it is not the right fit, not because they are weak and don't like competition.Now I can't say I know nearly enough about the program up there in Akron, but like the BG fan said:Walther was an All-MAC Freshmen selection.He lit up @ Ohio as well: Leading scorer 14 pts, 4 ast, 30 minsLed you in Anderson.Those are two of the hardest places to play in the MAC.Plus he led you pts. in the Gund.Bottom line: You seem to give him no benifit of the doubt. Why?I think everyone will be happy to have him down here. We seem to run a very deep, quality bench. I think he will be happy and play well.Maybe it wasn't he who gave up on you, but you that gave up on him.
We, gave up on him?. Please. My, how philosophic. Truthfully, I could care less that he transferred. I do not think that anyone here said he was "weak". But if you read the verbiage quoted in the paper, it appears that he did not want to compete, at least for PT, with several other players. I thought, as I said earlier, that his reference to the enclave (at OU) of former Moeller HS people would give him a comfort level he did not have here.I do not wish him ill, and frankly, would prefer not to have any player with negative vibes hanging around our team. If your theory about his not wanting to live in the city is correct, I am sure he had a miserable time at Moeller H.S. and in Cincinnati.I wish him all the best, and hope the AK-Rowdies are as kind with him as OU fans were with Andy Hispher during his trips to the Convo.

Ohio - No sour grapes here. But you really are over estimating Bubba's skills. He is a one dimensional role player who can shoot the three, has a slow shot release, doesn't play much defense and has questionable size. He disappeared in games against better teams that can extend their defense making it impossible for him to get his set shot off. He has difficulty creating his own shot. His numbers at Akron were inflated by big games against lower quality teams where he could launch 3's all night. His playing time was decreasing significantly because the talent around him was better and Akron seems to be a better team without him. And you will hopefully witness that he pouts quite a bit on the court which affects his play and the teams at times.Once again, no sour grapes. I've watched the kid for the past year and a half and am only giving you my thoughts on his skills. I thought he would be a much better all around player for Zips, it just wasn't happening. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to still have him as a role player shooting the three (Though I'm not sure as an unhappy role player who thinks he should be the star and primary option in every offensive set). I wish him luck but the writing was on the wall here with the current guards and incoming recruits. Plain and simple, the situation was not going to improve unless he wanted to "compete" for playing time and even at that he may not have been best suited for KD's team oriented and defensive approach. I hope he makes it onto the court for you guys, those games will be a lot of fun.

Ohiofan and Ohio as I stated earlier I don't mean to sound as if I am singling this kid out! I am just saying if that was "my son" and he said i just don't like it there dorm lifestyle or it's to urban for me i am leaving to go to another school where I am not guaranteed playing time and you have to pay for it...Do you know what my dad would do?..:nutkick:..I am well aware that people transfer all the time for many reasons some good some bad. I would never wish ill things upon anyone, I am only saying that "today's society in general" is to quick to give up, & move on etc. Hell my younger brother transfered from one high school to another and it made headlines, and his reasons were way better than the above mentioned My brother left because 1. Half of his neighborhood friends went there and 2. The most important He though he would get better scholarship offers from Massillon than he would were he was at. My parents said it was his decision and ya know what it ended up being escalatied into a he said she said recruiting violations, etc. it was more of a headache than it was worth. You know what it is none of my business why he left nor do I care, Call me crazy but I feel that when a university says we will pay for your books, food, classes, travel expenses to games etc. for the next 5 years even if you fall and break a leg and can't play a single game, we will still honor that contract so long as you get decent grades and don't break the law. And you shake your coaches hand and say thank you, only to turn around and say ehhh I don't like it hear coach nothing against you or the team but c-ya. when my son shakes the mans hand that gives him a full ride scholarship I want him to understand it is a commitment that you will work hard and set and be an example of how a young athlete should act, REGARDLESS, if you are the star of the team or on scout team.....

I wish him all the best, and hope the AK-Rowdies are as kind with him as OU fans were with Andy Hispher during his trips to the Convo.
Now THAT was a totally different situation,Andy made a rude gesture to the O-Zone and they let him have it. Now not that the O-Zone is the most polite student section, but that was the first time Ohio fans learned of the Hipsher Family's inability to control themselves in the Convo. :puke: My favorite chant: "Grand-ma Hip-sher"We got the best of Andy.If Bubba makes the same mistake Andy did, your rowdies can have at him. Hell, I'll rip him as well.

This Bubba stuff is getting more and more interesting. I hope this situation is investigated by the MAC. I will thoroughly enjoy the moment when the truth comes out.An inside source told me that what Bubba claims (that he did NOT) speak with OU until after the transfer is a farse. Bubba's dad is friends with one of the assistants at OU, so I am sure this was very much planned. O'Shea MAY very well be innocent in this matter, but I wouldn't rule out his staff...... Only time will tell.

Bubba just didn't like Akron...GET OVER IT!If you think he sucks so much, why do you care???Mabye he just wanted a better academic experience in a clean and comfortable city that does not smell of tires. Let it go..there were players before Bubba and will be players after Bubba. And, to think that Ohio committed violations is totally out of line. I am shocked :blink: that you would even think of that!! Coach O'Shea does not partake in that sort of illegal activity.Let's look at Coach Dambrot's resume, though:1.assistant coach at Akron in the mid-1980s (NCAA probation) 2.head coach at Ashland (NCAA probation) 3.assistant coach at EMU (NCAA probation) 4.head coach at CMU (infamous racially slurred pep talk, also punches his own player on sidelines)Now that is a coach with a history of not so scrupulous activity!!

Bubba just didn't like Akron...GET OVER IT!If you think he sucks so much, why do you care???Mabye he just wanted a better academic experience in a clean and comfortable city that does not smell of tires. Let it go..there were players before Bubba and will be players after Bubba. And, to think that Ohio committed violations is totally out of line. I am shocked :blink: that you would even think of that!! Coach O'Shea does not partake in that sort of illegal activity.Let's look at Coach Dambrot's resume, though:1.assistant coach at Akron in the mid-1980s (NCAA probation) 2.head coach at Ashland (NCAA probation) 3.assistant coach at EMU (NCAA probation) 4.head coach at CMU (infamous racially slurred pep talk, also punches his own player on sidelines)Now that is a coach with a history of not so scrupulous activity!!
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"You guys on the Bobkitty site are nuts. If nothing happened, as you contend, than WHY are you so enamored with the subject?Take a chill pill man--why don't you and your crew go back to your site and whack each other off?What a bunch of insecure juveniles!!!

Keith Dambrot's file at the NCAA is completely clear. Nothing. Nada. Bubba wanting a better academic experience? Thanks for the laugh.Look, a very good reason for Dambrot to not release him is that he went to another MAC school. Most conferences have extra penalties for that; the MAC does not. Look into what happens in the Big Ten if you try this. As far as his dad having a prior relationship with an assistant coach, it's the content of those discussions that matters. You can't get around an NCAA rule just because you know someone. If they (the dad and the asst. coach) discussed Bubba's transfer, it was an official conversation, NCAA-wise. You have to go through the head coach (Dambrot in this case). The NCAA HATES when people try to pull crap like this. I'll wait to see if they get busted for it before I believe if it's true or not.I've heard from several sources that the team is glad he's gone. Practices are better and there's no emotional baggage hanging in the air anymore. OU can have him.

i honestly don't know if there was foul play involved, but there are several reasons dambrot didn't release him. one that i havent' seen out here yet is the new ncaa rules that really make people think twice before transferring. i'm talking about the whole new team grading system which could cut scholarship money for the team. some of the factors include things like grades and graduation rates, but it also includes how many people transfer on and off the team. by bubba leaving our team could potentially be penalized. i know of a few other cases outside of akron that the schools wouldn't release their athlete because it would deter the athlete from leaving thus keep that team from being penalized. just a thought...