EMU

UADavid

Listened to the game. Man they made me nervous tonight!Mike, you make a good point that I have thought about a lot this year: Steve French is always all over the officials. Now, to be fair, I am a college and high school official, but when I am at a Zips game I am a ZIPS fan. But it always seems that Frenchy is riding the officials. When I go to the games, I usually have my radio on with earphones, so I see a lot of the calls that he complains about. Now, 70% of the time no one in the gym has a better angle or distance than the referee. Another 20% of the time fans just are ignorant to the rules (for example, there is no such thing as "3-seconds" in the key. It is called a "lane violation" and it usually takes about 5-6 seconds to get one called!).So, my point is that when there really is a bad call, we don't know because most of the time Frenchy doesn't like any of the calls!!! :blink:

i don't claim to be a basketball expert by any means but it seems to me there has been a lot of poor officiating this year. it's not just against the zips, the visiting teams in the jar have also suffered from it. the miami and buffalo games were embarrassing to me due to the officiating. a win is a win, but damn.
fear the brown roo said .... "i don't claim to be a basketball expert by any means but it seems to me there has been a lot of poor officiating this year. it's not just against the zips, the visiting teams in the jar have also suffered from it. the miami and buffalo games were embarrassing to me due to the officiating. a win is a win, but damn. "Regarding the officiating in the MAC, I also think that it leaves a lot to be desired this year. It doesn't seem to favor either the home or visiting team ... it is just so inconsistant. But missed calls, poor calls, and "makeup calls" can and does change the direction of the game. The coference should take a harder look at the performance of their officials.