A zipsnation first ?

Zipsrifle

Well, at least it`s an exciting game :rolleyes: Our passing sucks and Eastern D has been tight all game. I can`t say that the ref`s are calling bad fouls against us, but they sure aren`t calling anything against eastern. At the end of the half, Nate was basically pushed to the ground and stepped on, but no personal foul?....just a stern talking to by the ref`s. As for attendance, this place is about 1/5 full. The best part is that the `GANG GREEN` is about 4 students total! If about 15 AK-ROWDIES showed up, they would have owned this place.

Yea, those ref's really sucked. Dials was going down the floor, gets drilled by an EMU player.. :wall: .the ball keeps bouncing in the same path, while Nick goes flying another direction.....of course no foul. Nick hustles down the floor. An EMU guy gets the ball in front of Nick, backs into him, BEEP! foul on Dials!?! :blink: EMU (Football) players were tucking the ball, putting their shoulder down and drivng to the basket (Akron foul of course). They were falling down very easily and rolling on the ground :rofl: under the Akron basket a few times when we got the ball down low. At times the refs were calling every tiny infaction every time it happened both ways, and other times it was street ball one way. :mad_flame: Here are some of my observations, even though I really don't follow BB. We couldn't get the ball down low. When we did, we didn't have a lot of success putting it in the basket. I don't know if that is because we don't have a dominating big guy, it wasn't our game plan, or we just didn't have the opportunities. We didn't have great rebounding, EMU seemed to come down with the ball quite a bit. Lots of passing, which I like, but there were quite a few bad ones that hurt us. I also thought that we played a lot of "Hands on" defense, which IMO, was why we got so many fouls. We were always swatting at the ball and using body contact outside which made it easy to call fouls. We did great at the foul line and behind the Arc which kept us in this game. Dials is a clutch FT shooter. I was amazed that Preston was nailing the 3's. Nate came to life for a few minutes....I like that kid, he's got some potential. Romeo had some HUGE blocked shots. One went in the stands early, and another looked like an easy layup for the EMU guy. Romeo had let up a bit and it looked like he was gonna give the guy the basket. The guy went to lay it in and Romeo came out of nowhere and swatted that thing off the backboard H A R D :wall: . EVERYONE in the place went "OAAAHHH!" Cedric has some great moves. Dru looked off from the pregame. Everyone contributed and I love how animated Dambrot was. To wrap it up, I was really nervous for a while. The EMU fans were few, and the ones that were there RODE the refs. They were complaining about how we always got the calls, even though we had twice as many fouls as they had :rolleyes: Akron somehow managed to stay just a little ahead every time I looked at the scoreboard. I guess this is a team that knows how to win. We didn't look like the winning team in the 2nd half, but were alway ahead on the scoreboard.