Akron vs. Nevada

PackAlum04

Hey Packer, Howzit? This is Zip in Paradise in honolulu. I've seen your team play the Bows (my #2 team) this year, and realize Akron is going to have no fun time trying to match up against your size across the court. When Mo Charlo (6-7) goes to the 2-guard or even the wing NU (UN?) is huge. Fazekus could be a lottery pick -- though the Hawaii media poo-poos -- pupus?? :P his abilities, and there's no way UA has anyone who can compete the way Millsapp does for LaTech (having led the country in rebounding for three years, no one does). The one possible hope for Akron will be if our big guy, Rob Preston is able to get free on the outside and hit a couple early threes (he was the leading scorer I think vs Cal), that could draw Nick Fazekus away from the basket, opening up some things inside for Romeo and possibly some drives to the basket. Nevada is a team that pops the three a lot (like UA), and when they shoot cold (as vs LaTech Monday) they can definitely be had. Not sure if that's what happened vs Utah St., but the Aggies are as wide as the pack is high inside. There's talk in HI that Nevada isn't all that athletic, but the guards certainly are.My early prediction: Nevada 76 Akron 71 We're something like #66 RPI and Nevada is 36? That wouldn't be a bad or unlikely outcome, even though we HAVE to win to have any at-large chance IMHO. Do you think there's any chance of a WAC team besides NU getting an at-large?? I can't see it -- I don't care if the Commish IS on the committee. Have a good one there in Snow Country, Wolf. Look forward to your FB team returning for a beating next year. You're WAC Champs? Well Akron's :macc: It's high time for a WAC-MAC Challenge!

We do have a lot of size. The one guy who has been coming on strong on both sides of the court is Demarshay Johnson. He is tall and very fast. Chad Bell is also very big he may not score a lot but he makes shooting over him very diffcult. Our guards don't shoot much but they see the court very well. Our team is very athletic but at times it seems that they get lazy on defense. We never know if our 3-point shot will show up. If it does then teams can't concentrate on Fazekas as much. If we shoot as bad as the other night then we can be in trouble. I am really looking forward to a good clean game. The Nevada-UH game should be fun next year. We have some great recruits coming in but the island is tough to play on.