Big East Championship Track Meet

UAZipster0305

Gozips.com and the Big East confirm that the Big East Track Championships will be held at UA's Field House this coming Saturday and Sunday. What a great way for UA to incorporate itself into a major conference! Hopefully, this is a first of many larger steps towards being invited to a more prestigous and successful conference like the Big East. In the meantime, let's win as many MAC Championships as we can.http://www.bigeast.org/ot/bige-championships.html

I know this hasn't been discussed much here, but I don't think the importance of this weekend for the Athletic Department can be overstated. This is a very unusual and powerful opportunity to demonstrate UA's first rate facility and it's ability to manage it effectively around a major conference championship. Don't think for a minute that Mack and the boys are overlooking that fact. This is a relationship builder and an opportunity. I don't know the reason behind this hosting opportunity, and whether or not it had to do with scheduling difficulties at all the Big East facilities. It would be really cool for this to come back on a regular basis. Get these folks comfortable w/ UA as a good facility destination.Regardless, should be a good weekend for area hotels & restaurants.