ATTN: All AK-Rowdies

Bleacher Bum

I'm sure that most everyone that actually posts on these boards is true to the team and tries to go to as many games as possible, but I know there are some lurking skeptics out there.I'm calling you all out to get off your butts and get up to the JAR for the OU and Can't games. Don't make excuses. The team needs us and we need to be loud. The ratio is awful between students who signed up to be AK-Rowdies and those students that actually show up. Zips Athletics asked students what would make them come to games, the students responded, and Akron has gone well past meeting your demands.Everything is in order. We get free stuff at every game, the best seats in the house, and the team is doing awesome this year. And still no one shows up. What's up with all you chumps? I'm calling out all you slackers who signed up for the free shirt and then hit the road. I challenge you all to go to the game and be as loud as you can. And I'm not talking about being loud just during the game. We need to be getting on the players from the other teams before the game and during timeouts. We should all be bringing signs and acting like all-out A-Holes. The OU game is on ESPN2, on national television. Our fans got great exposure for the Motor City Bowl and we looked like a school that cares about our athletics. The football team snuck in the back door last year and took advantage of the situation. The basketball team has been amazing all year. We need everyone to participate to pull off what we have planned. Now, this brings me to what is planned. There is a meeting on Friday at 6PM in the JAR to fill everyone in (It's a secret). We got cheer sheets to prepare everyone to make noise. The NCAA won't let us have noisemakers inside arenas, so we need to make as much noise as we can with our mouths. The other teams should not even be able to communicate on the floor. We need to be THAT loud. If you watch a normal college basketball game on TV, the home fans are always amazing. We need that advantage. I expect the announcers to comment on how loud it is and how its causing turnovers.There it is, fellas. I'm calling you out. Get your butts to the game or prepare to Fear the Roo!

Why not take your post from above, print it out word for word a few hundered times and have you and a few buddies go around the dorms Thursday night sliding them under the doors. Pass out a few hundered of them and you just might get a bunch more just because they want to prove you wrong!! Once they attend they will be hooked!!! Promiset them that you want to be rowdy!!!! :thumb:

I will post a cheer sheet on this board when it is finalized. I thank alot of you for the ideas and we plan to make this game ridiculously difficult for OU to play. The meeting is not a secret, I used the wrong word. I referring to a huge SURPRISE that we are busting out for the OU game, but you need to come to the meeting to find out about it before the game. The meeting is at 6:00 PM in Rhodes Arena Room 40. Papa John's is providing pizza, so make you're there for free dinner. Here's the e-mail that was sent to all the AK-Rowdies...-----This week for AK-ROWDIES:Thursday-Saturday at the ONAT our swimming and diving team will be competing in the MAC Championships! Come out and give our women the home pool advantage!Saturday we also have a huge men’s basketball game vs. Ohio University. We will be honoring the men’s soccer team with a presentation of their MAC championship rings. We will be retiring a couple of former Zips hardwood greats in Eric McLaughlin and Larry Jenkins. One of the student prizes will be a contest for a 2GB iPod Nano. This game is being sponsored by Greek Life and we are even giving away two round trip airline tickets courtesy of AirTran Airways and Akron-Canton Airport to the student that comes dressed in the best looking toga! Because of the Greek theme we are also hooking up the fraternity or sorority that brings the highest percentage of their chapter to the game with MAC Tournament tickets! If that wasn’t enough we will be giving the sorority or fraternity with the best banner and use of the United Way theme and Zips logo pizza parties for the next home game vs. Can't State! But wait, there’s more! We will also being giving away a year a free pizza from Papa John’s, Mary Coyle gift certificates as well as honoring our Touchdowns For Tuition Scholarship winners!This game which is on ESPN2 is a chance to show the nation what AK-ROWDIES are all about on a national stage. This is your chance to shine when it counts. A group of AK-ROWDIES’ finest are getting together in room 40 of Rhodes Arena on Friday evening at 6:00 p.m. to go over cheers for the game. If you want to start tradition there is no better place than right here. This will be the first ever AK-ROWDIES pre-game cheer party. Papa John’s will be providing pizza for this inaugural event! Don’t be history, make history!Be on the lookout for AK-ROWDIES exclusive ‘MAC PACKS’ coming soon for the MAC Tournament at The ‘Q’!-----

DO NOT POST THE CHEER SHEET HERE!!!!! Email it, but DO NOT POST IT!If I was an intelligent Can't State fan (oximoron, I know.... :rolleyes::D ), I would grab the sheet and plan counter cheers for the March 4th game. Keep it tight and only to the meeting Friday night (if even that!!!). Also, update it before the Can't game adding new stuff incase they catch on!

Good call...a lot of our stuff for Saturday is centered around OU's coach. He has been known to flip out on occasions because the crowd gets in his head, eventually leading to technical fouls.The first ever edition of "The Rowdy" is ready to be unveiled on Friday at 6:00PM in the Rhodes Arena Room 40!

Good call...a lot of our stuff for Saturday is centered around OU's coach. He has been known to flip out on occasions because the crowd gets in his head, eventually leading to technical fouls.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Technical fouls?!?!?!!?!?! Are you serious?!?!?! Flip out?!?!?! In his career at Ohio he has had 1, ONE tech. called on him, and that was this year at Miami when Leon fouled out in 17 minutes, 4 of them bieng offensive fouls all called by the same ref.... You guys are trying I know.. but come on, come up with something, ANYTHING better than that! We've had entire threads devoted to him NOT getting any technicals.....

Good call...a lot of our stuff for Saturday is centered around OU's coach. He has been known to flip out on occasions because the crowd gets in his head, eventually leading to technical fouls.
Tim O'Shea? You're talking about Tim O'Shea? Uh... you might want to check your facts again. We're in Year 5 of the O'Shea Era and he has... one technical foul. One. I've seen carpet with more emotion than Mr. O'Shea.And I too would like to challenge the Rowdies because unlike you guys not traveling to Athens, Ohio fans ARE coming to the JAR. So don't be surprised if you hear a lot of pro-Bobcat cheering.

And I too would like to challenge the Rowdies because unlike you guys not traveling to Athens, Ohio fans ARE coming to the JAR.  So don't be surprised if you hear a lot of pro-Bobcat cheering.
I was going to say something about how the game in OU was on a Tuesday night, and related that to the point of there not being many Akron fans in attendance. Then I was going to say something about how there probably will be more OU fans that will travel because it's a Saturday and they don't have class, but then I remembered that Athens-folk don't have any class at all.

OhioU: We here in Akron work hard all week and play hard all weekend. At Ohio, the only thing to do is drink your liver to oblivion, post bail and try to find some way to get Halloween back to the way it was years ago.We are not worried about the 9 Pussy Cat fans you'll be sending. I am quite sure we got 'em covered!Remember: you are not THE Ohio State University, you are it's red-headed stop child.icon_fu_evil.gif

BTW, how did the 6PM Friday meeting go?
The meeting went pretty well. We had about 30 students show up, which wasn't too bad considering the short term notice. It was a great opportunity to brainstorm and come up with newer ideas and also get everyone on the same page. We need to have one before the Can't game too so I'll let everyone know.