Jinx Akron Thread

zipfan 81

Seems like they don't have much to poke fun at over there and a lot of their folks had been set into reality ahead of time predicting the Zips to win on Saturday. Question: When they make fun of Akron, do they realize that Athens is a little turd nestled between some buttcheek mountains. Newsflush: If Athens actually WAS a city and had more than a population of 150 pseudo-west virginians, there'd probably be a little crime there too. But you have to have a city first.

I think it's hilarious that they were encouraged by this game. Well, using their logic, our team should win the MAC because we "only" lost to Ohio and Miami on the road by three points. It's quite encouraging when teams consider coming within twenty points of the zips in the JAR a moral victory.They beat us 8 out of 10 times on a neutral court??? Pleeeeeeease :iws:

I think it's hilarious that they were encouraged by this game. Well, using their logic, our team should win the MAC because we "only" lost to Ohio and Miami on the road by three points. It's quite encouraging when teams consider coming within twenty points of the zips in the JAR a moral victory.They beat us 8 out of 10 times on a neutral court??? Pleeeeeeease :iws:
Dude, the game was within 5 points with only about 2 min. left..........the only reason you won by 15 was with foul shots, a few lay-ups, etc. A very close game between probably the MAC's 2 best teams--I think we all know who is truly better. :gun: If you analyze the rest of the season, it is looking like we will meet in the 2nd round of the MAC tourney at the Q (3 vs. 6 game). On a neutral court, I say OHIO wins 9 of 10 times.....the only reason you squaked it out today was with the home court advantage. BEAT YOU SOON!GO OHIO! :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc:

I think it's hilarious that they were encouraged by this game.  Well, using their logic, our team should win the MAC because we "only" lost to Ohio and Miami on the road by three points.  It's quite encouraging when teams consider coming within twenty points of the zips in the JAR a moral victory.They beat us 8 out of 10 times on a neutral court???  Pleeeeeeease :iws:
Dude, the game was within 5 points with only about 2 min. left..........the only reason you won by 15 was with foul shots, a few lay-ups, etc. A very close game between probably the MAC's 2 best teams--I think we all know who is truly better. :gun: If you analyze the rest of the season, it is looking like we will meet in the 2nd round of the MAC tourney at the Q (3 vs. 6 game). On a neutral court, I say OHIO wins 9 of 10 times.....the only reason you squaked it out today was with the home court advantage. BEAT YOU SOON!GO OHIO! :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc:
Hey, I think I read the gist of this post elsewhere by another Ohio poster. Could this be a part of the burgeoning plaguarism scandal that is breaking in Athens? Are these guys part of this new trend? Or, is he majoring in revisionist history at OU? And since we were ONLY down by three at the buzzer in Athens, by your theory, we are the superior team!!Screw the bobcrackers!!Go Zips!!

Check out the "Victory in Defeat" thread on there now. I don't see how there's any victory in getting embarrassed by 15 on national television. But hey, if it makes them feel better, whatever :rofl::rofl::rofl:
(shrugs) I liked what I saw from the team yesterday. You're not going to win every game, especially on the road. We're in fourth place in the division, so clearly we're not one of the conference's top teams. I liked the way they played for the first 37 minutes; they allowed it to get away from them at the end. Akron won and deserved to, but I don't think we were embarassed. If you do, that's your perogative.