AK-ROWDIES

dialsfan11

Awesome game today, I think everyone can agree on that. I got to the game late because of a meeting and couldn't sit with the AK-Rowdies and as I watched I couldn't help but notice the north side is not loud at all. The few of you that sit over there and actually do scream and jump on D please call out the others. It was amazing how much of a difference the noise was the second half when they were on the south side. All I know is the Golden suck-offs better not be able to hear anything in that gym regardless of which end they're on. We need ALL AK-Rowdies to step up for that game. :screwks:

I was there and can agree...to a certain point. First of all, the last thing we need is north vs. south rivalries!!! Just fix it. Plain and simple, fix it! Unfortunately, until the Rowdies are all together, it will be a huge challenge. At times each end was chanting seperate chants. There needs to be one Captain at the North and one at the South. Do different chants, just not at the same time. Also need to get on your feet, turn towards the lower bowl crowd, flap your arms (a.k.a Philly Eagles) and get them up when they need to be up. If you call them out, they will slowly come to their feet. When the lower bowl moves, the whole JAR moves!!Nice job today Rowdies. Big step in the right direction. Keep looking for ways to improve. :screwks: :macc:

This was the first game I have attended at the JAR for a while, and I must say that I am rather unimpressed with the "Rowdies". First off, there are not that many Rowdies to begin with--it is a rather puny student section. They really don't seem to get all that loud (a small arena helps, though) and their chants seem pretty disorganized. I think it is pretty silly to split up your student section into two parts...why not just make them one unit??The Rowdies have a ways to go, but the atmosphere was definitely better than last time I went to the JAR. YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT THE OZONE!!

This was the first game I have attended at the JAR for a while, and I must say that I am rather unimpressed with the "Rowdies". First off, there are not that many Rowdies to begin with--it is a rather puny student section. They really don't seem to get all that loud (a small arena helps, though) and their chants seem pretty disorganized. I think it is pretty silly to split up your student section into two parts...why not just make them one unit??The Rowdies have a ways to go, but the atmosphere was definitely better than last time I went to the JAR. YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT THE OZONE!!
Didnt they just beat the "Ozone" tonight?

Ohio fan is starting to annoy even me...And I don't know what he's talking about because you guys were the best student section I've seen in an opponent this year (and I've seen games with Cincy, UK, and other various MAC opponents). I haven't seen Buffalo, though, and they're supposed to be pretty good.That said, though, if you can find a way to get both ends in sync, you'd be much more effective. Sometimes one end would be doing a different chant than the other end... that doesn't work.

People have to remember that this is all new for many people. I've been sitting in the student section for 5 years now, and it used to be 10 kids...noone wanted to sit there. Anyone who, like me, has been there the last few years can see the huge strides we've taken as fans. Personally, I wonder if it's TOO planned. A simple defense chant and a few other simple ones are all you need unless there's a special circumstance. A few other thoughts...1) What happened to the gold shirts?2) When there were a few really hot OU girls (The one in the jean skirt was niiiice haha), why was it the ugly one who insisted on shaking her ass towards us? Haha3) Please let's not do the "Hey, you suck!" to Rock N Roll Part 2...I'm begging all of you...It's lame, and besides...Can't does it...do we really wanna be like them?4) Even though the cheer sheets werent used there were a few good ideas on there. I wasn't a fan of the Gracie one however...can't we leave dude's family out of it? lol5) Couldn't we find a company that didn't name their product the "Bald Skinhead Wig"? 6) What's this north vs. south crap? I sit on both sides randomly...whatever ticket they give me. There's nothing worse than people who try to act like they are better fans than everyone else.

Not too bad of a game to get the Zips some national exposure. I'm always interested to see how the ESPN game analysts and studio analysts treat the mid-major teams. The game analysts were about what I would've expected. Beat the Lebron/StV StM storyline into the ground, average knowledge of Akron's team, and they clearly had based their opinion of OU on last season's run and their pre-season hype. These guys really struggle when they don't have one or two marquee players to hype. They really wanted the game to be all about Romeo and Leon Williams. The studio analysts were even worse. One guy couldn't even say the name of the school right! 'Ack-rawn'. It was disappointing to hear the color guy straight up say that the MAC has no shot at an at large bid in addition to the conference champ, as if its a foregone conclusion. Especially when they were talking during the early game about the Missouri Valley Conference possibly having 5 deserving teams! If Akron and Can't both make the MAC finals, I think the loser of that game has a legitimate right for serious consideration of an at-large.

I agree that everything needs to be a lot simpler sgm. During the second half, most of us were just jumping up and down when OU had the ball. Who knows if it affected their second half shooting but jumping up and down and yelling is a very simple concept. Like sgm said, chants need to stay simple too. When there's one about some guy's mom or whatever, a lot of the Rowdies have no idea what we're chanting about.I think for the rest of this season everything needs to stay simple. As said before, jumping, yelling, and simple chants. Maybe next year there can be more meetings and everything can start to expand little by little.I don't like the loud chants when we have the ball. In my opinion, just save them for when we're on defense.I was wondering what happened to the gold shirts too. I got to the doors a little early and we heard that there were no gold shirts. A significant number of people didn't wear their Rowdy shirts because they figured there were shirts to be given out. So who knows what happened with that.Last but not least, I noticed the jean skirt girl too, unfortunately, I also saw the other girl you are talking about, lol.

i thought the rowdies did a great job! the only advice i'd give is for both ends of the court to do the same thing .... there were too many situations were one end was doing something different. perhaps hold up cards with numbers on them saying what to do next would work? with that said keep up the good work!!!! :bow::screwks:

I too have mixed up sitting in the north and south ends this season, and I'm not one who thinks I'm a better cheerer than others... but I will say this: Girls, get your heads in the game. There are plenty of you that cheer, but the ones who just use the student section to look pretty and sit there while everyone else is cheering need to get out. I like looking at hot girls as much as the next guy, but i'll see you up above the bowl during a timeout. If you're hot, then you have the goods to distract opposing teams when you jump up and down... really fast... yeah.Also, to everyone, we jump up and down after we score and are on defense, not other times... got it? And please shut up when we're shooting free throws. We'll have 100 kids with their hands up in the air in dead silence, and one jack-ass going "hey, 33, you're not good at basketball" harharhar, you sure got him, idiot.One last thing, we need to keep cheers going, we cheer for 2 seconds then stop... I think this will be helped if everyone is cheering.Other than that, it is improved so keep up the good work.And to all the O-Boners who said they were going to send up a thousand kids and take over our house.... i counted like 40 people... you guys are lame.