Zips football: Nearing the grind's end

At least you're honest.

And don't worry about not knowing how Akron will fare against the rest of the MAC. If there's one thing MAC media days have told me, it's that absolutely nobody can predict how the conference teams stack up against each other in a given year. This is not the Big Ten where you can pretty accurately guess who the top three teams are going to be (though if you asked me who I thought the MAC's top three will be, I would tell you NIU, Toledo, and Ohio in that order with NIU ranked in the top 25 by the end of the season).

George:

I have come to thoroughly enjoy your work. Your blog is one of the items I check every day. Keep working hard and keep up the great work. It nice to have you on the Zips beat. You are right about the MAC. We have a bit of a chip on our shoulders because most people only care about that school in Columbus. When on Saturdays I get to watch D1 football in a great stadium only 15 minutes from my house.

You don't have to be a Zips fan, George. Like the comment over at ohio dot com... I think most of us just want to see the same kind of good reporting and information-gathering that you've been so great at providing thus far.

But who knows? Maybe covering these Zips as they (figuratively) try to raise themselves from the dead will make a fan out of you yet. :wave:

All the best yo you and yours.

If you were a fan, would you be able to ask the tough questions? We can get the PR stuff from Gozips. You are obviously putting out the effort to get us the facts. When we start hitting someone besides ourselves, your objective view will be much anticipated.

Good points '82.

Of course our LONG-TIME voice of the Zips, Frenchy, graduated from OU. Need I say more?

Lol... how can anyody not love Frenchie? He's one of the greatest homers in the history of sports broadcasting.

Several times a year, I just have to listen to this replay again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kypnW0FaYY

Classic!

Lol... how can anyody not love Frenchie? He's one of the greatest homers in the history of sports broadcasting.

Several times a year, I just have to listen to this replay again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kypnW0FaYY

Classic!

Never forget that game. My Daughters first Zips game at just over 1 yr old. Trying NOT to get my @$$ kicked as I held her and walked out of the stadium.