Coppin State

ZachTheZip

ok heres my 5 count with some bonus points....

1. A bit sloppy, still some shooting woes (9-33 from 3's) but it will come. Shots dont look terrible but we do have a week to figure things out now.

2. 3 players with double doubles last night. Harney, Kretz, and Zeke doing something i havent seen. Gotta love using our size advantage.

3. Harney..14 pts 11 boards and 4 assists. 3rd straight game in double figures for the Harney Badger. Getting hot at the right time. We did see this at points last year, can he continue with it is the real question.

4. Im interested to see if we can continue this strong inside play in the MAC. Rebounding advantage of 60-31, pts in paint 44-18 last night. Can we yes, def have the ability, but got a feeling teams are gonna start jamming the middle (especially when we play the BG, EMU and now Miami 2-3 Zones) and making us shoot alot more jumpers.

5. Zeke...the big man reached 1000 pts in his career last night. An accomplishment that most of thought may not be reached his freshman year. You look at him from freshman year to now its mind boggling. Hes finally aggressive, rebounding well, can shoot great at the line. and as many have pointed out before the NBA potential is showing up. The scary thing is he is still developing as a player.

some side notes: Jonas is clearly the new steve sweich of this team. fan favorite, place goes crazy when he scores, gotta love him

- according to KD, abreu was sick last night. Explains a bit of the sloppy play, but at the same time we need better play from our backup pg

- as i pointed out in #1 we got a week till our next game, time to get people healthy and figure out this shooting slump, its money time now.

- around the MAC, nice win by Can't vs CSU last night. Gonna need more then Evans if they want to contend in the MAC. Got 17 from Brewer and Holt.

- 1 point loss by Miami vs UMass, Redhawks are a tought to judge right now

- Buffalo goes down at Tulsa. Bulls missing Oldham right now (hurt wrist) season low 32.2 percent shooting last night

- final point on Akron, we leave OOC play 9-4 (outside of the bracketbusters). Around where i thought we'd be. Could be 11-2 (get back the Coastal and Detroit games) up next next Wednesday opening up MAC play at home vs Western Michigan. Time to defend our regular season crown. Tip at 7, see you all then.