merch question

scottditzen

At the Panini's game vs. Nevada I saw a couple of people with baseball hats that featured the full Kangaroo logo along the side. They are sweet. I've check Lids.com and gozips.com and can't find them. One girl said she bought her hat in Toledo!!!/Anyone know about these or have any leads?? p.s. lets sign a petition to have the official school merch store keep some better hours. I've driven to campus several times only to find them closed.

This project could be a home run if it's done right.
It would be a home run for the school if it did more for the school than just increase interest (and success) in their football program, but also offered more to the campus and community, such as:
  • Built in classrooms and other usable space
  • Attached parking garage or adjacent parking areas that not only provided parking for games (usually saturdays) but also supplimented the Universities student parking during the week.
  • If fronting a main street (like exchange) offered community entertainment, retail and/or other leasable frontage accessable both to the street and from the stadium.
  • Was aestetchically/architecturally pleasing
    • helping to revitalize the area and encouraging growth
    • having the effect of awe-ing visitors (and visiting teams)
    • helping to cast the university in a good light and inspiring regional interest.

[*]Sufficient amnenities to provide for a quality experience. (don't break the bank building a cadillac, but don't build a pinto either)

• Don't squeeze people together with hunched shoulders on rock hard seats).
    • Provide adequate crowd movement
    • Provide adequate restroom facilities
    • Consider civil traffic conditions

to go along with the austrailian theme (Zippy)... how about Outback Steakhouse?
Outback would be perfect to court. Not only because of the theme, but they have leased/contracted space in arenas before.

True! I went to a baseball game in Tampa Bay (vs. Indians). I ordered a steak from the Outback! They cut it in strips and served it in a basket with steak fries. YUMMY!Great list above!!! Also, keep in mind TV camera angles for televised games. Make the campus and the city perfect backgrounds through openings and common camera angles. :thumb:

Thanks for the help everyone. Great points about the stadium too.Z-Rifle there are some similarities from my lousy description, but the hat I saw was very different than that; the roo logo was along the side of it. If I remember correctly, the hat was solid blue.I'll be in Akron today and scope out that Lids though!!! **********Attention U of A...I am ready to fork over $$ to help build a new stadium. Please just officially announce something positive.

to go along with the austrailian theme (Zippy)... how about Outback Steakhouse?
As Z.I.P. has advised you all before: It makes no sense to do this project without doing it right.Zippy's Restaurant: www.Zippys.com :wave: Oh, yeah!!! Remember, I'm the guy who first suggested "Fear the Roo!" as a motto before that MD soccer game in '04. Z.I.P knows best. :D

I don't know how many people have seen Oregon's baseball stadium, but it is built right in the middle of campus. The press box is actually a room in one of the education buildings. It is probably the coolest stadium in college.
OK Balki. I don't know if you're confusing Oregon with your home in Eastern Slobovia or what, but having followed Pac-8 baseball (that's all the teams they have, including in the past Portland State), I was pretty sure Oregon didn't play baseball. I checked out Goducks.com, and there's no link to any baseball team or stadium in Eugene. Might it be the Beavers' place in Corvallis? :unsure:

If you wanna see an amazing stadium integrated into a school, take the short drive to Cleveland. It might not be as big but Case Western Reserve, my old school, has one of the most amazing facilities I've ever seen. The stadium is totally surrounded by dorms that are actually integrated into the stadiums. It is by far the nicest sports facility (other than the Big Conferences) that I have ever seen. I can't find any good pictures of it online but it's worth the 45 min drive to see this place. Oh and about the merch statements, I work at Campus Book & Supply, right beside BW3's, and we have a good selection of Akron merchandise and we are getting a ton more in soon. I'd check it out.Oh and just so no one forgets :screwks: