Ohio College Basketball

skip-zip

We all just witnessed something that should be a great moment for all Zips fans and every other school who plays D-1 basketball in the MAC and in Ohio.

That Dayton win put a big smile on my face. Why? Because those jokers down in Cowlumbus avoid Ohio schools like the plague, and PUBLICLY admit to it. Even Clark Kellogg (a former OSWho player) had something to say about the way that they avoid Ohio schools.

For the rest of us, this was the proof that we don't get very often which shows that the basketball landscape among the Ohio D-1 schools is more wide open than one might think. Look at how close we've played with Dayton in recent years? Look at how many years over the past decade or so that either Xavier or Cincinnati (or both) have had better teams than OSWho, like this year?

Unfortunately, these postseason tournaments give us the only opportunity to show it, as long as they avoid us. Not getting a chance to play them since the 1989 NIT? That's just ridiculous. But, it allows them to run around pounding their chests about their supposed state-wide superiority since they can often end every season with a 0-0 record against Ohio schools.

Not this time. Kudos to the Dayton Flyers!! You got the opportunity that most of us never get, and you took advantage of it. Enjoy!!

Love the use of image and text. Good design, and creative. You don't see this too much in newsprint anymore...minus NY Post.

THEuniversityofdayton.png

Beautiful. It's already all over Facebook. In fact, I had it sent to me by someone who lives in NYC who has no sport allegiances in Ohio at all. They enjoyed it as much as I did :rofl: