New Zips Football Verbal

I have a dumb question so please don't flame me for it. Anyway, to me it seems we are getting alot more early verbal commits. This seems like a great thing if they are the "top" recruits in the country, truthfully they are mid-level players, no doubt we will have another successfull season. Couldn't we be shooting ourselfs in the foot if there is a higher ranked player that wants to come to akron and we miss out because there are no avalible scholarships (position wise). Or a greater need at other positions? What are your feeling on this? Also we seem to be getting alot of WR's do you think JD will switch to a run and gun offense or what?

Couldn't we be shooting ourselfs in the foot if there is a higher ranked player that wants to come to akron and we miss out because there are no avalible scholarships (position wise). Or a greater need at other positions? What are your feeling on this?
I've been thinking the same thing... but I don't really follow recruiting very closely, so I assumed there was a good answer.

there is no game that i want to win more than miami this year. to be the best in the east, and not just the champions on tie breakers, we need to beat the best. i hate what they did to us the past few seasons. those arrogant c-suckers rubbed it in our faces last year in oxford and nothing would please me more than to kick the living shit out of them. what happened last year, i'm sure, will be taken personally by every zip player and be plenty of incentive to blast the redskins or hawks or whatever the hell they are now. i hate miami :puke:

• 3 weeks later...
there is no game that i want to win more than miami this year. to be the best in the east, and not just the champions on tie breakers, we need to beat the best. i hate what they did to us the past few seasons. those arrogant c-suckers rubbed it in our faces last year in oxford and nothing would please me more than to kick the living shit out of them. what happened last year, i'm sure, will be taken personally by every zip player and be plenty of incentive to blast the redskins or hawks or whatever the hell they are now. i hate miami
I hate it when people skirt around an issue. What do you really think!? :thumb: Place I Hate Miami emoticon here.