Football game days

Valpo Zip

I was thinking of a good way to make sure that the whole akron area is rocking and rolling (the way it should be) every time there is a Zips home game.Is it possible to organize a group of cars with huge zips flags and stickers all over the cars to tour the city and the neighbour cities (cuyahoga falls, stow, fairlawn, tallmadge etc...) ?This way we make sure that every one in this area gets to know that there is a game today and may be seeing the students in the street making some noise will pump some adrenaline through their veins and makes them go to the RB.What do you guys think ? is there any legal issue with that ?

As long as they are obeying road laws, respect others, don't obstruct their own visibility, etc. I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Wouldn't be much different than the Browns cars I've seen coming from their games (Bone lady etc.) or THE University of Columbus (Columbus State is an actual community college) fan cars decorated up. :screwks:

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here. But I'm not sure someone is going to be sitting there - see a bunch of UA students yelling and screaming and waving Akron flags - and think "Hey, I'm going to change my plans for the day and go to the game". I like the enthusiasm...I just dont think it'd have much of an effect at all.

I think it's a great idea. Think about it, sgm - maybe they don't go to THAT game, but certainly some percentage would think about going to another one. Another idea I just spawned from yours: for evening games, start the tailgating in one location and end up out at the bowl for true tailgating (ala with beer) later on. Breakfast with the Zips in Tallmadge. Zips Brunch in Fairlawn. It would be funny, different, and would make people smile. One thing's for sure - your idea is to create a true bandwagon. There's a reason bandwagons work - people like to attend events that look like fun. In other words - since many never see the Rubber Bowl on a game day, you're talking about bringing a little Zips fun out to them before the games. I think it's excellent.

What do you guys think ?
Start a newspaper called the Akron Tribune. On the week of a home game, write articles about players and coaches of the Akron team.Run some articles on the oponent. Hell even tell people where the game is and what time it isMaybe write about how the tailgate experience at the Rubber Bowl is pretty cool.Tell them about the "family" atmosphere that has been created. You know, INFORM the people.The day after the game, print results of the game on the front page. Do an article on the front of the sports section.On away games. I assume you go to them anyway since your a fan, write an article on the game.Do you have one of those digital cameras? If not get one at Best Buy, shouldn't break your budget too much ($100).Take a few photos of the action at the game and include them in your articles. Take a few of people tailgating too.You might want to include how inexpensive it is to attend the games. You know, a real bang for your buck.Make your paper, the AKRON Tribune, about AKRON sports. THAT WILL GET PEOPLE EXCITED !!!If you can't afford to start your own paper, do flyers instead and pass them out. Just date a chick from Kinkos or something.

I'm not sure someone is going to be sitting there - see a bunch of UA students yelling and screaming and waving Akron flags - and think "Hey, I'm going to change my plans for the day and go to the game".
I know that people who already have plans for the day might not change their plans but they might include the zips in their plans for the next game.And the main people that are targeted in this idea are not those who have plans but those who are like:"What am i going to do in this boring saturday afternoon?" and then when they hear the noise in the street and feel that something big is happening in their city, they might decide to be part of it.

Hey guys just visiting to see some Zips fans thoughts on the PSU game and noticed this thread... now in State College there is no need to advertise a game day. But for our pep rally's (Rally in the Valley, Football Eve, the B10 champ Rally) to advertise, among several methods (fliers, radio, etc.) our athletic department literally has students drive around in the back of a truck with hand painted signs and a bullhorn, up and down College / Beaver Ave's (State College's main streets) and around campus literally hollering at passersby's to let them know the time and place. They will do this for a few hours Friday afternoon while there are a lot of people on the streets shopping, looking at campus, or most likely going to the bars... just an idea from happy valley, i hope that if any of you are coming to HV you have a safe trip and a good time, anyway good luck.

1. Buy an ad in every high school football game program within an hours drive of the staduim that includes schedule and ticket info2. Donate a set of tickets to all those schools to be raffled off at each high school game. All procedes would go to the program of choice.3. Allow youth sport leagues, non-profit oraganizations, scouts ect sell tickets door to door as a fund raiser. They can keep $2 dollars for every ticket sold. If the group sells an average of 10 tickets per member they all recieve free general admission tickets and honored at half time. Hopw many times have you bought things just because you did not want to say no. UA gets the money, it counts towards the attendance requirement and maybe just a few will show uip to the game.

1. Buy an ad in every high school football game program within an hours drive of the staduim that includes schedule and ticket info2.  Donate a set of tickets to all those schools to be raffled off at each high school game.  All procedes would go to the program of choice.3.  Allow youth sport leagues, non-profit oraganizations, scouts ect sell tickets door to door as a fund raiser.  They can keep $2 dollars for every ticket sold.  If the group sells an average of 10 tickets per member they all recieve free general admission tickets and honored at half time.  Hopw many times have you bought things just because you did not want to say no.  UA gets the money, it counts towards the attendance requirement and maybe just a few will show uip to the game.
Excellent ideas ........... :bow::bow::thumb::bow::bow:

1. Buy an ad in every high school football game program within an hours drive of the staduim that includes schedule and ticket info2. Donate a set of tickets to all those schools to be raffled off at each high school game. All procedes would go to the program of choice.3. Allow youth sport leagues, non-profit oraganizations, scouts ect sell tickets door to door as a fund raiser. They can keep $2 dollars for every ticket sold. If the group sells an average of 10 tickets per member they all recieve free general admission tickets and honored at half time. Hopw many times have you bought things just because you did not want to say no. UA gets the money, it counts towards the attendance requirement and maybe just a few will show uip to the game.
Man someone needs to make this happen..who would be the appropriate person to email this idea?

Try these three guys. Mabye one of them can make it happen. If not, we will have to do it ourselves. I might be able to get an ad in the programs or mabye a quick plug with the announcer at Hoban home games, but that's about it.Shawn NestorAssistant Athletics Director, Media Relationsemail: nestor@uakron.eduHunter YurachekSenior Associate Athletics Director, External Relationsemail: hy@uakron.eduMike RodriguezAssociate Athletics Director, Businessemail:mrodriguez@uakron.eduJust to be safe, here is Mack Rhoades' email: krex@uakron.edu