Who's Tailgating for the North Texas game???

bobbyake

This is my first year tailgating, I'm trying to make a list of things to get. Feel free to give me advice and more to add to my list-Cooler-Ice-A lot of beer-Food (chicken, Steak, burgers, or dogs???)Right now all I have is a grill and my car. I'll probably take the back seat out so I'll be able to seat 5 people. (i have to take the car seat out too :P ) one of the reasons I bought this car was to tailgate.

post-3-1158037773.jpg

Some beer and a grill? Thats it? Thats pretty lame tailgating by Texas standards. Where's the smoker? The flat screen tv, the sound system, the canopies? This is how we tailgate: North Texas Tailgate partyJust kidding with y'all. No offense, Don't get upset. Its all in fun. In all seriousness, We watched your game against NC State on ESPNU at my tailgate party on Saturday. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! Congrats on a great win! Looking forward to our game in two weeks.

A small gazebo is nice, especially if it's gonna rain. May I suggest EZ-Up. Also, depending on what you're cooking, you'll definitely need a grill and possibly a turkey fryer. You can make wings, fries, or anything else in a fryer. Another essential is Cornhole. Buy a set or build your own, you'll be glad you did! A table is nice for preparing food, and setting up a little buffet. You can also clear it off later and play beer pong. You'll also want some seating, whether folding chairs or a couch. If you really wanna go all out, you can get a generator to run the TV, stereo, and blender. Let's see if I'm forgetting anything. Oh yea...Da Beer! (Note: Either finish the beer before the game, or lock it up when you go in, IT WILL GET STOLEN! -- We've learned our lesson).

Can someone help me out here and please excuse my ignorance for not knowing but, I am trying to gather a bunch of friends and family to go tailgating with, Is it as simple as get there early to get as close to the bowl as possible and set up shop or is there a designated area that is only for priviledged season ticket holders? Is there a fee with parking in the tailgateing area or what someone please school a brotha!

I believe last year they made you pay for a paved lot. It seemed more of the parties were in the grass anyway, so I never paid. We actually usually got there before the guy that took the money, so we rarely even had to pay anything at all. the best place I've noticed to party is along the fence. Just get there as early as you can and get a tent up to provide yourself enough space. There's not a lot of competition for tailgating spots, but it's nice to get a little extra elbow room for cornhole and the beer pong table.As far as the marching band fella, We'll keep an eye and an ear out for when the band will be coming around. We'll surely be handing off some cold ones.

Those look good to me. My brother and our old roomate made ours. I bought the beanbags online, but you can find them pretty much anywhere. I suggest getting them in Blue and Gold, unless you can find someone who has Zips fabric!By the way....what are these two fellas doing..... :rolltide: Look's like they might go to K-ent

i would be up to that challenge anyday,,,,,,, but i'm not sure if getting that drunk is a good idea for me since I'm driving. I was only planning on drinking 10 beers. If I go past 10, i'll end up doing who knows how much and I'll have a repeat of 2 weeks ago. :puke:

From what I read from NT Athletics, we are having our tailgate in a lot off George Washington.Is that near where most of you will be? Is there basically one big lot for the entire stadium?I was planning on bringing up some cold lonestar and shiner for you, but not sure what the new air travel rules are.GMG