NCS says you guys cheat...

EcuPirates

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/sports/15496845.htmhttp://www.newsobserver.com/122/story/485335.htmlAnyone want to remind them of all their millions in BCS revenue that equates to a huge disparity in facilities and status / recognition when it comes to recruiting. Or what of all their shipping off recruits to Hargrave, etc. In fact, last I checked, they even accept NQ's. What a bunch of pansies those guys are.

Every sales guy I've fired had every excuse in the world for non-performance and it was never their fault. The more they make excuses, the more stupid they sound and the more in need of being fired they become.With the team Amato has, he is going to be making a lot of excuses this year. If these articles are an indication of how bad his excuses are already, it will be interesting to see what he comes up with by Week 12 when they are 3-8 going into their last game.Comments like this assume the State fan base is stupid. For the most part, State fans were nice and intelligent. They should be insulted when they read stupidity like this coming from their coach. If I were the AD at State, I would be pretty pissed at these comments. I would have a long talk with Chuck about them and start to set the stage for his firing. This joke only going to get worse.On another note, we should give thumbs up to Mack for not lowering himself to this silly level by declining comment. The silence speaks volumes.

A terrific post.I read the pieces and find them incredible in terms of what Amato has to say.With all the advantages NCST has over the Akron program (facilities-wise) he cries over MAC schools having the "advantage" of giving "non-qualifiers" a second chance. Another advantage that Akron has over NCST is this: Akron's Brookhart is a quality coach, NCST's Amato is not. The Wolfpack fans know this and are in the process of running him out of town.We ZipNationers want to keep our coach in town!

First off, let me say from all the Wolfpack nation that I am sorry for the idiotic comments of our coach. That was a classless statement and cheap shot at your school and team. There is no excuse for a comment like that. We all knew this was going to be a tough game coming in and it was no surprise that your team could pull the upset. Best of luck the rest of the year.

First off, let me say from all the Wolfpack nation that I am sorry for the idiotic comments of our coach. That was a classless statement and cheap shot at your school and team. There is no excuse for a comment like that. We all knew this was going to be a tough game coming in and it was no surprise that your team could pull the upset. Best of luck the rest of the year.
Dznr, good stuff. Thanks,

This just made it onto ESPN's Cold Pizza. Len Robbins was doing a recap, no new information we don't have, but he mentioned how the NC State cheerleaders were asking where "Akrone" was. Len had a good laugh. Tool-ish host had a good laugh. Then Len goes to finish the Akron segment and calls Brookhart Brookright. Ooofa. Also, screw Chest Amato.

First off, no one said anything about cheating. If you guys accept NQs, then it is what it is. No "cheating" involved. Sounds a lot like an ECU fan putting words in Amato's mouth.It's been known for a long time in Wolfpack-land that Amato is exceptionally bad with the press. Maybe he feels like they are "out to get him" or something, but he's always given lots of snappy answers to their questions. It's been quite a topic of discussion among us. Does State get bad press because Amato is short with reporters? Or is Amato short with reporters because State gets bad press? Either way, Amato is bad with the media and they like to take advantage of that. Sometimes we fans will cheer his bluntness for saying something that needed to be said, but other times we'll cringe when he says something that we know is going to come right back to bite us. This is definitely a case of the latter, and I think it would be a good thing for him to give a short apology for that.In this particular press conference, he was pretty heavily baited by one reporter and eventually slipped up and said something stupid. Was what he said untrue? No, not at all. But should he have said it? Probably not. It came off as very bitter and in poor taste.For a complete transcript of the press conference, see this link:http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/567085.html

In fact, last I checked, they even accept NQ's.
Ummmm, no?
Amato clearly had no idea who we were. Didn't even know if we won our bowlgame last year or not. Thats the sign of a coach who is underprepared and took his opponent too lightly.
IMO, preparing for a game has nothing to do with memorizing scores. I'm sure he watched a ton of film on schemes and formations and players; maybe he just forgot to watch the ESPN post-game wrap-up.The week before the game he gave some rave reviews about Getsy. It didn't sound like he was taking you too lightly at that point.
The Wolfpack fans know this and are in the process of running him out of town.
Hardly. There's been all that "hot seat" talk by TV and newspaper analysts, but quite frankly, it's just not true. He is in absolutely no danger of being fired or run out of town this year. If he falters this year, then he'll be under some intense scrutiny next year, but he's honestly not on the hot seat this season, despite what ESPN wants you to think.Congrats on the win. It was a hard-played game, and we came out on the short end.

hey toddy toddl or whaterver, [in fact, last I checked, they even accept NQ's.]. Yes NCS does. North Carolina wide receiver LaMarcus Bond, Florida defensive back Jordan Delegal, Florida wide receiver Carlos Everett, Florida defensive back Everett Lewis and North Carolina wide receiver Owen Spencer failed to meet NCAA academic minimums. :wave:http://html.wral.com/sh/blogger/wralglenn.html...Another way to track the academic philosophy of a football program is simply to count the number of a team's signees who fail to qualify. Reminder: Since the NCAA adopted a more flexible, sliding scale for GPAs and SAT/ACT scores a few years ago, it's not very difficult to qualify. A player can do it with a 2.5 core GPA and an 820 SAT score, for example, and it's possible to be a full qualifier with a core GPA as low as 2.0 (combined with a 1,010 SAT score) or with an SAT score as low as 400 (combined with a 3.55 core GPA). Many junior college coaches complain that few good players "fall" to them anymore.Here, the Wolfpack ranks dead-last in the ACC since Amato took over in Raleigh. From 2000-06, here are the numbers of ACC football signees who were not eligible to play for academic reasons during the first year after their signings: 1. N.C. State (26), 2. Clemson (21), 3t. Florida State (19), Miami (19), Virginia Tech (19), 6. Virginia (15), 7. North Carolina (13), 8. Maryland (10), 9. Boston College (2), 10t. Georgia Tech (1), Wake Forest (1), 12. Duke (0)....Don't let a few NCS fans pretending to be nice fool you guys into thinking there a bunch of nice guys. They're more bad Pack fans than there are good ones. I can tell you that first hand as a Pirate fan and Eastern North Carolinian of their superiority complexes. They're like Narcissists in every way. In their mind they're better than you and the game should have never been a contest.

hey toddy toddl or whaterver,
Is that necessary at all?
North Carolina wide receiver LaMarcus Bond, Florida defensive back Jordan Delegal, Florida wide receiver Carlos Everett, Florida defensive back Everett Lewis and North Carolina wide receiver Owen Spencer failed to meet NCAA academic minimums.
And none of them are practicing with the team. Thanks for helping me out with my point.
Don't let a few NCS fans pretending to be nice fool you guys into thinking there a bunch of nice guys. They're more bad Pack fans than there are good ones. I can tell you that first hand as a Pirate fan and Eastern North Carolinian of their superiority complexes.
An ECU fan telling others about NCSU fans ... the best authority you can have. You might as well trust my opinion of UNC fans. Or trust Michigan guys when they describe OSU fans. For the most part, we're not that bad. ECU and UNC hate us, and we hate them. They have the worst fans in the world in our opinion. We have the worst fans in the world in their opinion. To all other outside observers, none of us are really anything special.

Of course the non-qualifiers are not practicing with the team, the NCAA does not allow NQ's to practice. They are eligible to workout in the weight room facilities(but not when the teams are present) and receive academic help(tutors) for their first year. During the second year, the can gain eligibility with a certain GPA along with number of credit hours earned.

Seems to me that it is a bad thing to get into a whizzing contest in forty mile an hourwinds, so I wont.I was at the game in Raleigh. Nearly all the NCST fans were cordial even after the game.Most know from the start that they were in a battle. Most knew that neither we nor themwas a crappy team. Frankly, it was a battle between two teams that rightly lay claim tobe in the 40-60th range of 119 D-IA teams.Probably most NCST fans did not know prior to the end of the first half that Akron was ona par with them. By half-time they knew.You have to see their stadium to appreciate it. Wowwieeeeeee ....!!!!!!Last point: The large picture of Kennedy lunging for the goal line that accompaniedTerry Pluto's fine article on the Zips has a different shadow under Kennedy's elbow.The photo being touted as proof Kennedy was short has a large and darker groundshadow. Can anyone spell Photoshop? That picture was tampered with. The ABJphoto gives a much different view. The real view if we are honest.

Of course the non-qualifiers are not practicing with the team, the NCAA does not allow NQ's to practice. They are eligible to workout in the weight room facilities(but not when the teams are present) and receive academic help(tutors) for their first year. During the second year, the can gain eligibility with a certain GPA along with number of credit hours earned.
Alright, then none of them are on campus at all. Delegal, Lewis, and Everett never set foot on campus. Spencer and Bond were here over the summer, but the clearinghouse didn't come through for either of them, and I have no idea where they are right now.

The one thing I would say about NCState fans is that they seem like they're giving up on their season because they lost to a really good MAC team. Akron probably would be 5-3 in ACC conference play, 3-5 or better in the Big Ten (indiana, Illinios, Purdue, maybe Northwestern and Minnesota) We have a good team that could go 11-1. Amato even said something along those lines.I love seeing a ECU fan and a NCState fan go back and forth on Zipsnation. This is the place to be.