Akron V. CMU

Balki Bartokomous

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly Short is a tough house early in the season. We've ALWAYS done better there late in the season.............. Don't slit your wrists guys, a football season is a marathon, not a sprint. There is plenty of time to come.......And BTW, being able to hear the game on the IN from Frankfurt is not a bad thing! Any frikin sound is great!ILFSITF

Well, another exciting game. IMO, we didn't deserve to win this one. Central played a great game. They didn't have a lot of dumb penalties. They had a solid D and their offense got it done when it mattered. They took advantage of our mistakes and didn't have many mistakes of their own. Sounded like they were a bit better conditioned than our guys too. We were our own worst enemies in this game. I'm most concerned about Kennedy. That guy has done everything in the past few weeks. On the bright side, that injury seemed to force our passing game to come alive.As much as I was hoping for a win, this isn't necessairly a bad thing. I think CMU is the best team in the West. I think overall, we were a better team, but did't take care of the little things as well. Maybe now we'll use our heads a bit more when the opponent has 3rd and 5, late in the game, and we go over the back to get a pass interferance penalty. For all of those already wishing JD a fond farewell. Kelley is a damn good coach. He hasn't lost to the Zips yet, and if we make it to Detroit again for a Thursday Night game, my money is that we'll be seeing these guys again.

all the talk of going 10-2 was way to much for this team!! expectations got way out of hand. i knew this game would be hard coming off a big win.going for it on 4th down earlier cost us now.with the time left on the clock we should of kicked the fg. bad call on jd's part. it was nice to win last week, but mac games are more important.next week even if we win it does not mean much. there is alott of football left,and i think the mac east is up for grabs. we can still win the division no doubt,the bad thing is how are we ever going to build a fan base when we come off a huge win ,and follow it up with a mac loss? let's face it most people don't care about n.texas state.

i have to agree with ryno. you can't keep trying to win every game in the last second. i realize teams play different and alott more prevent defense,but we need to come out right away and put some point on the board. with all the balance in the mac i think the east divsion winner will have a more than two losses in the divison ,and still win it.

I'm amazed at how, because CMU was coming into this game at 0-2, they are thought to be a crappy team. They took BC to the wire (BC knocked off a top 25 last week) and played a great game against UofM last week, even though the score didn't reflect it. You won't see many better MAC Matchups this season. IMO, this was 2 of the best teams in the MAC playing today, and the smarter, more diciplined team won. I'm impressed with how we came back late in the game and, IMO, were overall the better team. We need to learn from this game and apply it to the rest of the MAC Games. I believe we are good enough to run the table in the MAC. If we do it, is another matter.P.S.Though Brookhart has instilled the "How are we going to pull this one out" attitude. His Achilles Heel appears to be losing the game after the big win.

brookhart will be with the Zips for at least 4 more years unless he's gunning for a job in Colorado, which could happen.And Getsy really hurt his chances for the NFL today. He'll be a late round pick at best.I'm not trying to be negative about all of this, I'm just being realistic.

brookhart will be with the Zips for at least 4 more years unless he's gunning for a job in Colorado, which could happen.
no way... after next season he will be gone unless we can pay him something close to his worth in the open market. 4 more years is a dream. I wish he would stay but i am also a realist.

brookhart will be with the Zips for at least 4 more years unless he's gunning for a job in Colorado, which could happen.
no way... after next season he will be gone unless we can pay him something close to his worth in the open market. 4 more years is a dream. I wish he would stay but i am also a realist.
he's not even at the top of the list. Explain to me why he'd be gone??