PRE-SEASON PREDICTION TIME!

sgm405

SGM, I hope you are right but that seems pretty optimistic. The MAC is so balanced and it is hard to run through without some trouble along the way.I think we go 10-3 on our OOC schedule with loses to Texas Tech, Nevada, and one we should have won.I think we go 12-4 on our MAC schedule with loses to teams we don't expect to beat us.Heading into the MAC tournament 22-7, then we take three to win out the tournament.I would be thrilled with a 25-7 record heading into the NCAA tournament.GO ZIPS!!

Correct me if I'm wrong (like someone isn't going to :P ) but don't we have 29 regular season games with Tiffin and the Bracketbuster? I see Akron losing from 4-6 games in the regular season.Here is my MAC season outlookEast Division1. Akron 2. K ent State3. Ohio4. Miami5. Buffalo6. Bowling GreenWestern Division1. Western Michigan2. Toledo3. Ball State4. No. Illinois5. Eastern Michigan6. Central MichiganTournament champions: AkronMAC POY: Joe Reitz (WMU)MAC ROY: David Kool (WMU)MAC COY: Keith Dambrot (UA)

"early" bracketology. Zips in as a 12 vs Marquette (who we could be facing in the 3rd round of the CBE tournament if we can manage wins against UALR and Texas Tech.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketologyAnd my prediction...anything less than 24 wins will be a disappointment. This team will go deeeeep into the MAC season threatening to have an undefeated conference slate. I think we could plausibly win 26 plus games. I'm gonna stick with sgms pick of 24-4 in the regular season having broken into the top 25 in late december and staying there throught the mac tourney.Optimism...GO ZIPS!

i hate making predictions mainly because i hate eating my own words, but i'll almost guarentee a 20 win season.
While everyone is predicting and complaining about how "easy" Akron's schedule is and that ther are only 3-4 teams to worry about look at what Oral Roberts did tonight against Kansas (the #3 team in the nation). They beat Kansas 78-71, and most impressively they made 11 of 19 threes. This will not be an easy season but it should be interesting and the JAR should be rockin' all fall and winter.GO ZIPS :screwks::screwks::screwks: