MAC vs. the everyone else

ZachTheZip

Great link uakronkid! It's absolutely unacceptable that the MAC is 5-7 against Horizon League opponents! It is also unacceptable that we are 1-3 against Southern Conference opponents! Frankly, I'm not certain I've ever heard of the Southern Conference!!!But that overall record may not be as lousy as it seems. The MAC is 0-3 against the SEC. 1-7 against the Big East and 0-5 against the Big Ten. No, that's not good, nor is it acceptable. But honestly, those losses are not surprises, nor, do I suppose they should be considered Bad Losses.What encouraged me was our record against the Atlantic-10! The MAC is 5-2 against A-10 opponents! The question was posed a week ago which conference one thought the MAC should get into a basketball "challenge" with, ala the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Mike Rasor was of the opinion that the MAC should challenge Conference USA. I'd like to see that! I also thought the Atlantic-10 would be a good challenge opponent. Nationally, the A-10 is considered a step above the MAC (just like C-USA) but as you can see the MAC can more than hold it's own against the likes of the A-10! The MAC is great, entertaining basketball! Showing how we fare against C-USA or the A-10 may help elevate the perception of the MAC both in the midwest and in the nation.

:( that is a good web..unfortunately it shows how weak the MAC is..5-7-Horizon...0-2 West Coast...1-3 Southern...not to mention the big time conferences..don't beg for a second team in the NCAA until you can handle teams at your level...the ZIPS have a chance to 'raise all boats' if they can beat Nevada..

Those are interesting stats. I wonder how many of the games were played on the road for MAC schools. I would guess that all of the against BCS scholols were. If the MAC went 39-43, but 60% or more of the games were on the road, then the record really isn't that bad.