RPI to this point

Zips fan

Our RPI took a 20 spot dive with a win over WS. Our strength of schedule is 330 out of 336. I like the fact that we are 6-1 but we have to pass alot of schools to get into the conversation of at large bid. Keep winning right now, it is all we can do.We are 181 right now. Toledo at 2-5 in 94th.

The MAC has been a 1 bid conference for quite a few years now, so the only thing that counts is the playoffs.KD will not go for a 2:1 game with the "big" guys, nor play anyone for the money, as he stated on either his pre or post game show he'll play them 1:1, and I agree with his philosophy.With ball ammunition locak and load, and, of course :screwks: .

The MAC has been a 1 bid conference for quite a few years now, so the only thing that counts is the playoffs.KD will not go for a 2:1 game with the "big" guys, nor play anyone for the money, as he stated on either his pre or post game show he'll play them 1:1, and I agree with his philosophy.With ball ammunition locak and load, and, of course :screwks: .
That philosophy is the reason our schedule is so weak. No big-name teams are willing to come to the JAR unless they get something better in return. The only way to get the respect of the "Major" conference teams is to make it deep into the tournament on a consistent basis. Plus our own conference needs to step it up.

Buffalo even had a few chances to win or tie that game in the final moments. That would have added some serious respect to our conference.It appears that we need to take a closer look at the teams we schedule during the non-conference part of our schedule. If Dambrot is making it hard to get big-name teams on our schedule, then that is going to affect our strength of schedule, and ultimately our chances of an at-large bid if we do not win the MAC.I admire that he holds out for 1:1 matchups. But if a 2:1 is all you can get, we need to take it. Personally, I'd rather lose a couple more games, and have a chance at an RPI high enough to get an at-large, as opposed to relying solely on a conference tournament title. Giving us two chances to make the tournament just makes better sense.

I hope this isn't a case of KD and a contract bonus for X wins. I know he and the players also want to win the conference, but I hope that playing some weaker teams doesn't hurt us later on. I'm sure he was hoping to get the bench/freshmen some PT before conference play in hopes they could contribute more depth.

A high RPI rating is nice, but a team becomes better by playing tough opponents, even those that are much better. Look at some of the "big name teams" our conference brothers are playing this year. Granted the wins have been few and far between, but I will bet that those losses made them a better team come conference time.Buffalo ... PittsburghMiami ... Kentucky - Illinois - MichiganCan't ... Ohio State - Butler - DukeWestern Michigan ... Pittsburgh - West Virginia - Northwestern - IndianaBall State ... Kansas - Georgetown - Butler - Indiana - Oklahoma StateToledo ... Missouri State - Iowa - KansasOhio ... Louisville - NebraskaCentral Michigan ... ArkansasKD said that as the season progresses he " ... is very happy with (the) schedule". I think not. All that being said ..... :screwks::screwks:

Me thinks the RPI needs to be tweaked a little bit. Toledo (2-5) is 84th and tops in the MAC according to the now up SPORTSLINE RPI. The Zips are 5-1 188th based on the 335th toughest sched out of 336. I understand rewarding teams for taking on challenging games but how can it be better for a team to be 3 games under .500 just by taking tougher games and getting beaten than to be 6-1 and have won almost all games by 15 points or more? Maybe I have a little bias here and sure I'd like to see a little tougher schedule but I wouldnt expect the Zips to be ranked 100 slots higher just for getting thwomped.