Line for UA @ UIC

Bleacher Bum

There is no spread posted yet for any of the games tomorrow, but here's the link to covers.com's matchup. It certainly looks winnable. I was excited to see that Akron is 6-2 in their last 8 games on a Saturday, but UIC is apparently 12-4-1 in their last 17 Saturday games. I love sports bettors and their crazy stats.

If the earlier games this season are any indication, there will be no official line on the game.You would have to look at different stats and other factors to accurately predict who will win tommorow and by how much. The most accurate system is the Sagarin Ratings because they account for margin of victory, while other rating systems do not.Acording to Sagarin Akron is ranked #90, with a PREDICTOR of 74.UIC is ranked #144 with a PREDICTOR of 145.Since the game is at UIC, they automatically get 4.27 points for home-court advantage. That means that the raw line would have Akron win by about 50 points. Adjusted, the line is at Akron -13. This is just using Sagarin's ratings. There are other methods of creating a line as well.

If the earlier games this season are any indication, there will be no official line on the game.You would have to look at different stats and other factors to accurately predict who will win tommorow and by how much. The most accurate system is the Sagarin Ratings because they account for margin of victory, while other rating systems do not.Acording to Sagarin Akron is ranked #90, with a PREDICTOR of 74.UIC is ranked #144 with a PREDICTOR of 145.Since the game is at UIC, they automatically get 4.27 points for home-court advantage. That means that the raw line would have Akron win by about 50 points. Adjusted, the line is at Akron -13. This is just using Sagarin's ratings. There are other methods of creating a line as well.
There will be a line on this game. All horizon and mac schools will always be lined when playing div. 1 competition. I'm not sure what ratings you use but I can assure you that no reputable power ratings would rate Akron as a 50 point favorite against anybody under any parameters. The line will be released early tonight, and if I were making the line I would make Akron a 1-3 pt favorite.The Flames are a dangerous opponent and this a tough spot on the schedule for the Zips, especially off the layoff.

Pinnacle has moved to Akron +1. It looks like most other books are still even. Go Zips! It's my mom's birthday, so I'm gonna have to be getting updates on my phone. Anyone remember that episode of Home Improvement where Tim and Jill went out to a fancy restaurant for dinner and he was listening to the Lions game on a portable radio? It's gonna be kinda like that.