Important game next week

Valpo Zip

As you probably all know, we're playing @youngstown the second day of the new year. Last year, we beat them in a very close game that was our season home opener. This year, they beat Can't in Can't, which shows that not only :screwks: but also youngstown have a great team. We all know how much better our team plays in front of friendly crowds (30-2) home record. Youngstown is only 50 minutes away and we should definitely show up and show the zips some love.

Like our stadiums, here is the order of the best NE Ohio College Arena's.1-CSU Convo2-YSU Beeghly3-Can't State4-AKRONI will be there. You guys can find seats right behind the Akron bench in the chairbacks or in the GA admission around that area.YSU Seats 6500... should be a nice crowd for this rivalry!450pxbeeghlycenteray5.jpgThe videoboard issue is being discussed on my site, we are getting a new floor next year, and a new indoor sports facility in 2008, and hopefully a videoboard by then in Beeghly Center!HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.. IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT. YOU CAN WATCH THE GAME LIVE ONLINE FOR FREE @ YSUSPORTS.COM since we have our local fox station doing the game!

It kills me but YSU has better facilities then YSU, better football stadium, better basketball arena and better baseball field. I must say one thing Akron has over YSU is a better Basketball program. We will see how much YSU has improved from last year.Equins you should be proud of the athletic programs you have in Youngstown, there is a thing or 2 Akron can learn from your athletic department. I know many Akron fans won't like me saying this, but if you lived in Youngstown and saw all I have seen you would agree with me.

Don't forget about softball either. They have pumped millions into McCune Field out in Canfield. Eastwood Field of course is top notch, since its the Indians short-season Single A home. Stambaugh is just flat out nice. Beeghly is nice and getting better. They put millions into a brand new lobby, brand new lights, and coaching offices. Next year a brand new floor and the possibility of 4 videoboards!You have the better basketball team... but so did Can't..... The thing again is this: This is a rivalry and anything could happen in this game, so throw out the records.And remember YSU last year blew a 15 point 2nd half lead to the Zips... maybe some revenge is in store!DEFEND THIS YSU!n49101616_30405530_763.jpg

Take down those hoops on the side, put a video board up, add some suites and Beeghly is nicer than The convocation center in Cleveland. The bank I work at in Youngstown has season tickets to YSU Men's and Women's basketball games. I requested tickets for the Akron women's game, Akron men's game, and the Butler game. Got all 3 games. YSU basketball is getting better.Akron does play games at Canal Park, however not nearly as much as YSU plays at Eastwood field. I think Can't State has the best overall athletics program in North East Ohio thought. They have a horrible Football team, however their Men's Basketball program is one of the best in the state, and their baseball program is ether 2nd or 3rd best in the state. It kills me to say that but its the truth. YSU's baseball program is pretty solid tho, but there basketball program has been kind of an embarrassment for the school. Akron can learn a lot of the success of your women teams in the past, your baseball program, and definitely your football program.

Equins where abouts in Y-town do you live?
Out in Canfield, OH... Yes you can call me "rich" if you want, since everyone in this town is stereotyped that way!YSU plays Loyola, top 15 in the Mid-Major Top 25 on Saturday, this should give everyone a good idea where they are at... Then we can predict.. FAIR ENOUGH?

I think YSU fans around here are more concerend about the game tomoroow vs. Lyola. I think Loyola was the pre season favorite in the Horizon League. Both the Jar and Beegly Center are nice places to watch a basketball game in.
Indians...you would make a great Federal Mediator! ;)