Ticket office?

NewZip

I am a new Zip and have gone to the games for a year and a half now. I am really frustrated right now with the Athletic Department. I have 3 friends in for the holidays and we were rounding up a bunch of people (25 or so) to come to the game tonight. For 3 days now (at 3 different times each day) I have came in to the JAR to buy tickets and they have not been open. I don't understand this at all. Very frustrating!My one buddy suggested that we go to the CAVS game instead (which I didn't want to), but that is what we are doing now. So instead of making money on 25 people we are now giving it to the CAVS tonight instead because we couldn't buy the tickets.I know we could have waited until tonight, but my one buddy got pissed off after the third day of not being able to buy tickets, he refused to buy them tonight. (I tried talking them out of it- to no avail).This makes NO sense to me at all. Can anyone explain it to me?

I am sorry to hear about your frustration and i hope that you can still try to convince your friend into spending your evening at the JAR tonight.My explanantion is the following:The university is technically closed the whole week between christmas and new year. The ticket office will open only for the games. People in your situation usually call in and reserve (will-call) tickets or buy them jsut before the game. I am not trying to defend them or anything but from a cost effectiveness point of view, it doesn't make too much sense to pay some one to come and stay in the office the whole "off" week hoping to sell few extra tickets.

wouldn't it be cool if you could order tickets for a game at gozips.com and print them off like you can for movie tickets, or be able to pick them up at will call the night of the game?-edited-actually, you can order them through ticketmaster.com and pick them up at will call (I just checked it out by going through the motions without actually buying since I already have season tickets) There's a link on the gozips.com ticket page for "single game tickets" that sends you to ticketmaster.com.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine.  Tried all week to buy tickets.  He finally called and found out that the ticket office would only be open on Friday.  And we wonder why we can't get people to games!!!!!  C'mon UA - get your act together!!!!
They announced at the woman's game tonight about a promotion to "JAM THE JAR". Coupons for free admission to the Akron - Can't game were supposedly in the lobby. I immediately went down to the lobby, saw the table with the sign, but no coupons. I asked around and nobody seemed to know anything about the coupons. The guy at the ticket window said that if there wasn't any coupons on the table they "must have ran out". How many coupons were there if they "ran out" within three minutes after the announcement? Wonder if the "JAR WILL BE JAMED" for that woman's game on the 6th?

My son and his friend brought back 4 coupons each (not sure where they got them) when they returned to their seats after walking around during half-time. I went down to the ticket office right at the end of half-time and redeemed the coupons for 8 Can't/Akron women's game tickets and plan to use them all. I did notice that hours were posted (pretty small) above the ticket office windows and there was notice that the ticket office would be closed the week of Christmas but would be open beginning at 3:30PM on Friday (12/29).

wouldn't it be cool if you could order tickets for a game at gozips.com and print them off like you can for movie tickets, or be able to pick them up at will call the night of the game?-edited-actually, you can order them through ticketmaster.com and pick them up at will call (I just checked it out by going through the motions without actually buying since I already have season tickets) There's a link on the gozips.com ticket page for "single game tickets" that sends you to ticketmaster.com.
Wouldn't it be cool if the University of Akron had its act together?I just want everyone to know that it is not that difficult to put together a system that fills the needs of the public -- including people who are not yet Zips fans and supporters. This is one way of building a fan base. Our university needs to wake up and discover its the 21st Century.Check out the system that one university -- there are a lot of others with very similar programs, and its not all that expensive to contract out, or do in-house -- has put together to sell, re-sell, or trade athletic tickets 24 hours a day, seven days a week.http://www.etickethawaii.com/sports.htmlNow, will someone please copy this post to the folks in charge at JAR Arena -- AND Buchtel Hall? :thumb: