Where we stand so far

zipboy

My thoughts after seeing the first 6 weeks of the season.Biggest question marks for me going into the season were 1. How productive will Wood be and how does he fit back into the flow of the game?This has been the best surprise. He looks as mobile to me with better post up moves and is a smarter player. It was night and day with him on Faezekas vs Romeo against Nevada. I look forward to Wood on Williams from OU and he should score all day on the Buffalo center.2. Will Milum give productive minutes?Another good surprise a least over the last couple of games. He gives an added dimension and match up problems against the rest of the league. I like that his biggest games were against Temple and Nevada. I look for big things the rest of the way from Quade.3. What about Conyers and McKnight?It will still be hit or miss on certain nights but both guys seem more comfortable now. I have been pleasantly surprised with Conyers defense. I figured he would be all offense and no defense. This gives us 9 guys who can play. These guys will be good players. We just need them to be that sooner rather than later.The biggest dissapointments are 1. I don't want to add to the dump on Romeo, but for us to win big, he needs to elevate his game. The 2nd half of his SO year after Wood went down he practically carried the Zips on certain nights both defensively and offensively. He doesn't do that now. He plays solid, but he is not playing like a MAC POY candidate.2. I would have said Linhart until the last 3 games. He needs to keep playing that way. Up until the last 2 weeks our 3 spot was hurting us between Nate and Jimmy. They have played well the last 2 weeks.3. I really hoped that Bardo would have been ready to come in and give quality minutes up front. Overall, I think that we are where we want to be heading into MAC play. The last 2 years we had to play a lot of zone to cover some weaknessess. Our man to man D is much tougher which bodes well. We generally do ok team rebounding and don't turn the ball over. Shot selection is still suspect at times. Free three shooting will come back to haunt us at some point. No one is playing 38 minutes a night which will help 2 months from now. I still don't know who we go to with the game on the line. My best bet would be Middleton since he can create his own shot. Dials if you can guaranee he gets fouled which is tough to get a call at the end. Dru wants the ball and has hit some big ones, but he never seems to get a great look,Realistically regardless of what the RPI says, we are a top 60-80 club nationwide which ain't all that bad. Just some random thoughts on a slow day.

great post.i don't think people realize how kd is building something long term. i hope we have a great year,but i think he keeps added more pieces like conyers,and mc knight.i just don't see much of a drop off for next year if any.the 6-9 kid from pa,and bardo next next year should give is plenty of front court help. we just need to find another pg to replace dru.unlike the football team the zips do beat most of the teams they are supposed to beat,and we are in every game.were ten points away from being 10-0.

were ten points away from being 10-0.
Racer, you remind me of that commercial where "people almost donated for the homeless and poor people."We're good now, not great yet but good. we had a chance to be great by beating Nevada, we didn't... we will be great if we can beat Ohio away but that's another "if".One thing for sure, our team (just like most college teams) play waaaaay better at home than away. The best thing we can do is to provide a home game environment at close away games.we need to travel in masses to Youngstown and ohio next week... and take it one game at a time.