Ohio Game

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

free throws......the key to ALL of our loses....something you can practice in your driveway...... :rolleyes::mad_flame:
I simply do NOT understand why we can not make free throws. OK, OK this time we had a decent percentage, we just couldn't get to the line, however all year long we have had problems in this area. When I played everyone had to shoot twenty free throws at the end of practice when we were tired. For every one we missed we had to run a lap around the gym. The free throw percentage went up big time when this started.

I know a loss is a loss, but losing by 5 on their home court isnt that bad. The Zips showed some heart by not giving up when down 10 with 3 to play. They fought back. Winning by 20 is fun, but it doesnt prepare you for these close ones. As long as they learn from it, they'll be ok.As for the foul differential, I saw something by the UC coach following their game in Cleveland, and Ohio had a big advantage in FTA there too. Plus, I read on another post that they shot 100+ more free throws than their opponents? Maybe the OU style of play (wild, fast paced driving) just leads to more calls?

This is going to be an exact replica of what happened last year. At athens, we lead most of the game, they pulled a very close win by five in the end. At the JAR, we destroy them by some 15 points where they never take the lead. At the Q, we win a tight one for the MACC.

First, we did lead in the first half at last year's game at the JAR. But that's neither here nor there...Lots of respect to the Zips. Your team plays with a lot of heart and guts. There were times when most teams would have faded away (especially with the crowd going), but someone stepped up and answered. Nick Dials, for as hard a time as we give him, has balls of steel. Middleton is the MAC's most underrated player to me. There's no reason to think that in the MAC it's Ohio, Akron, and everyone else.Also a shame this game wasn't on TV; it was probably the best game of the year (on the first day, no less).

This is going to be an exact replica of what happened last year. At athens, we lead most of the game, they pulled a very close win by five in the end. At the JAR, we destroy them by some 15 points where they never take the lead. At the Q, we win a tight one for the MACC.
Akron beat OU in the MACC last year at the Q? Must have missed that one haha

OZone, thanks for your fair observations. Actually pretty classy for an OU fan.From what i seen the other night was that we were only in the game by effort. Wood and Rome killed us during the course of the game. Every time someone BIG (as in height & physicality) comes and plays us, our posts are scared. they blocked our shots left and right when we went down low. And im not even going to start on the way Leon manhandled them down low on the other end of the floor. I can admit when i am wrong, but Mcknight was our best post player sat night. you guys were right on that call.