New Rowdy E-Mail

Bleacher Bum

I just got this e-mail and figured I'd post it here in case some of the Rowdies still aren't getting the mailings.*****Hey everyone!Hope you all had a great break. I have a few AK-ROWDIES updates for you:Thursday, January 11th, the Men's basketball team will take on Miami (OH) at 7:00 p.m. at the James A. Rhodes Arena. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. I know you are all either back in Akron or returning sometime this weekend, so hopefully you will be able to make it there to support our boys!Tuesday, January 16th, the Women's basketball team will host Ohio University at 7:00 p.m. at the James A. Rhodes Arena. This is going to be a big day for the AK-ROWDIES. There will be wings for AK-R0WDIES members before the game at 6:00 p.m. up on the track. Also, Coach Dambrot will be speaking to the AK-ROWDIES before the women's contest tip off. After the game, there will be a meeting to answer any questions you may have or to give any suggestions/comments or any concerns to the board. ALSO! this meeting is going to be the pep rally to prep for Wednesday's game against K-ENT (CAN'T )STATE. The meeting/rally should last about half an hour so make sure you hang around after the girls game.Wednesday, January 17TH, the Men's team is tipping off against K-ENT (Can't) STATE. The game starts at 7:00 p.m. and doors will open at 6:00 p.m. If you don't already know, which you should, Can't State is a HUGE rival for us and it would mean a lot to the boys if you would come and support.**As always, you have to get there early to get the seating behind the hoops! For all of these games, the doors open at 6:00 p.m. at Rhodes Arena. Make sure your there!!***No matter WHAT time it is, K-ent State still sucks~ LET'S GO ZIPS!!!*Jessica M. VavraDirector of Public Relations - AK-ROWDIESThe University of Akron

Thanks, Bleacher Bum. I don't get the e-mails, mostly because I am not an AK-Rowdy because I learned about sign-ups two days after they had ended. Maybe someone could put in a suggestion to allow more sign-ups, because I am sure people like me would love to be Rowdies. There could be over 1,000 students in the group if they would just allow sign-ups. Oh, and tell them that if they want to keep wearing those stupid shirts, they should bring extras to every game, and allow people who haven't gotten theirs yet to pick them up before the games. Poor decision making has held back the potential of this group, but there is still time to get things right.

Thanks, Bleacher Bum. I don't get the e-mails, mostly because I am not an AK-Rowdy because I learned about sign-ups two days after they had ended. Maybe someone could put in a suggestion to allow more sign-ups, because I am sure people like me would love to be Rowdies. There could be over 1,000 students in the group if they would just allow sign-ups. Oh, and tell them that if they want to keep wearing those stupid shirts, they should bring extras to every game, and allow people who haven't gotten theirs yet to pick them up before the games. Poor decision making has held back the potential of this group, but there is still time to get things right.
What he said :thumb:

wait wait wait....we're NOT ALLOWING sign ups?!?!?!?!? wow...c'mon guys, get a clue. I'm sure it's not your choice, but fight the athletics department. Why would you turn away people that were unaware and now want to join (AND PAY!) a student spirit group that struggles with participation? Use logical arguments and they will (should) agree!!!