Attention AK-Rowdies Leaders

sgm405

I can't make the meeting Tuesday because of graduate night class, but I wanted to pass along this idea to be discussed and hopefully, seriously considered. Me and RowdyZip were just discussing our plans for the Akron-Can't State game - how early to get there, what to bring to survive the cold, etc etc etc - and I thought...you know, we shouldn't have to do that. Both of us (along with many others) have been supporting the Zips all year, from the huge Nevada game to the warm-up games against the "cupcakes". We've cheered and screamed, along with many others, to give the Zips a "6th man", trying to overcome the empty seats next to us, as well as across the way. In a year where student support hasn't been great, and mistakes have been made by both the Rowdies leadership and Athletic Department, the Can't game is a perfect opportunity to do something to show the most loyal of the Rowdies that they are appreciated. And it's quite simple...Don't make us wait. Check to see which ID numbers have swiped the most (I think you can don't that) to see which members have been to the most games...or send an email or pass around a sign-up tonight. Take 100 members and let them pick up their ticket ahead of time, and at 6 PM, let them in first. Show them that they are valued and appreciated. Why should someone who hasn't been to a game yet this year sit down low over someone who has been to all of them? That happened last year as people cut in line, saved spots, and snuck their way past loyal Rowdies. I don't see any downside to the idea. You thank your loyal members, you guarantee 100 seats filled (give out 50 to each side even), and you let newer fans "pay their dues" by waiting to get the remaining seats. I think it would be a wonderful first step in re-establishing the AK-Rowdies as a solid program with great leadership.Thoughts???

Amen, my brotha, AMEN! I'll be at class from 8:00 till 9:25 @ CBA so there's no way I'm making the meeting either. I'd hate to see us loyal folks that have yet to miss a home game this year (and even drove to OU and YSU) get frozen out for those folks that attend one game a year. Help us out, AK Rowdy leadership.

OH SNAP!!! ROWDIES CHECK YOUR E-MAILS! At the meeting after the OU game, check this out...."AK-ROWDIES members will also have a chance to get their lower level seats for the men?s contest against Can't State before gates open Wednesday night during the women?s game. This is your chance to assure you have a premium seat for Wednesday?s rivalry matchup with the Flushes of Can?t State."We spoke and they listened! KILLER!

Also anyone who has complaints about the way anything is done with the rowdies, you have a chance to sound off on tuesday.
Do I have a chance to sign up on Tuesday as well? I really would like to becaome an AK-Rowdy, but the people I've asked have either ignored me or told me that it was "too late". I will show up to the meeting, and I hope I can be allowed to join then. MAybe they will have the shirts to pick up for those who haven't gotten theirs yet. I doubt they will be able to change any policies from the time of the meeting until the Can't State game, but that won't stop me from giving them my opinions.

They're gonna have shirts on hand too. Here's the e-mail:**********Dear AK-ROWDIES Members,This upcoming week marks one of the biggest in recent Zips basketball history. So lets wipe the dust off our pom poms, take a quick stretch, and get ready for one wild spring semester.Tuesday evening, the womens basketball squad will take on Ohio University at 7:00 p.m. at the James A. Rhodes Arena. Between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m., wings will be served for AK-ROWDIES members in the upper-level track area. Coach Dambrot will be joining us to address the AK-ROWDIES faithful, answer any questions you may have, and to talk a little about the upcoming contest with Can't State.During the game, the AK-ROWDIES will have their first ever glamour, glitz, and Zips celebrity look-a-like contest. Dress as your favorite celebrity and you will have the chance to win an awesome prize courtesy of the AK-ROWDIES.AK-ROWDIES members will also have a chance to get their lower level seats for the men's contest against Can't State before gates open Wednesday night during the women's game. This is your chance to assure you have a premium seat for Wednesday's rivalry matchup with the Flushes of Can't State.After the women's game, the AK-ROWDIES will have a mandatory meeting in the upper track area. During the meeting, members will have the chance to ask board members any questions and give any suggestions on how the AK-ROWDIES can continue to grow and flourish in the future. Also if you have not gotten a chance to pick up your official AK-ROWDIES t-shirt yet, this is your chance.Ladies and gentlemen this is rivalry week. I know I am ready, how about you?Jessica M. VavraDirector of Public Relations - AK-ROWDIESThe University of Akronjmv19@uakron.edu