Christian / Dambrot

unZIPped

I was pretty entertained watching both coaches last night. It was an obvious friendhip as they spoke with each other from their benches. They were laughing at the officiating, etc. Needless, to say, they are both very entertaining in their own antics! It was also nice to read in yesterday's paper about their respect for each other as coaches and how they root for each other during their seasons. It may be our biggest rival, but there is a mutual respect between these schools. Excellent win last night!!!! Let's keep it going!

Nothing.....besides possibly an 0SU failure, but let's NOT go there....BuckZip and others, just ignore that comment please... ;) ......delights me more than whipping Can't in anything! But, I absolutely agree with your comments. Of the 3 coaches who have lead Can't's impressive string of basketball success in recent years, he may be the best of them all IMO. He seems to always have depth (although they wore down some last night for sure) and his teams consistently play better as the year progresses. The latter is the true test for any coach. I believe KD when he insists that he roots for Can't to do well. He really enjoys the rivalry and he realizes that it's truly special when both teams our playing well. :cheers:

I was pretty entertained watching both coaches last night. It was an obvious friendhip as they spoke with each other from their benches. They were laughing at the officiating, etc. Needless, to say, they are both very entertaining in their own antics! It was also nice to read in yesterday's paper about their respect for each other as coaches and how they root for each other during their seasons. It may be our biggest rival, but there is a mutual respect between these schools. Excellent win last night!!!! Let's keep it going!
Not only is there respect between both coaches but I was impressed to see that several Can't State players came over to shake hands with KD and the Assistant Coaches after the player introductions. This is a great rivalry and with any rivalry there is (and should be) respect for your opponent on both sides. And by the way, I thought that Can't played a great game last night, they definately faded in the last eight minutes but for the first thirty two they hit a lot of shots against a very good defense.

On the way home last night, my 1350 am reception began to fade horribly, so I clicked on 640 am to hear some of the post-game thoughts from the Can't side. Their assistant (Oppenheimer or something like that) clearly indicated that the Can't coaches felt the game was lost purely from a lack of effort in the 2nd half. I know coaches will always have a tendency towards that line of thinking, but they don't always call the kids out in public on it. It'll be interesting to see what happens the 2nd (and maybe 3rd and Frenchie loves to say) time around. :screwks:

On the way home last night, my 1350 am reception began to fade horribly, so I clicked on 640 am to hear some of the post-game thoughts from the Can't side.  Their assistant (Oppenheimer or something like that) clearly indicated that the Can't coaches felt the game was lost purely from a lack of effort in the 2nd half.  I know coaches will always have a tendency towards that line of thinking, but they don't always call the kids out in public on it.  It'll be interesting to see what happens the 2nd (and maybe 3rd and Frenchie loves to say) time around.  :screwks:
The Flush fans who can not accept the truth are already calling for an apology on the Can't Forum.http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/phpbb/vi...pic.php?t=42690