Student Turn-out vs. Buffalo

jeaglet1

I've read posts on here ripping on other schools students sections, calling them quiet, disgracful, etc... I'll admit, today was my first game at the JAR this season, but come on 47 (yes I personally counted them all) students combined in the two sections at tip-off?? Althought those that were next to the band were loud... And someone walking around the GA section asking anyone if they wanted a shirt and wristband to sit down low? When did they start doing that? I know the Rowdies are usually a quality student section, and it's only Buffalo, but after reading previous posts on here, I was expecting a lot more. Hopefully things will be better next game...

I also saw (in the last 2:00 of game clock) a "student" in street clothes walking along the track on the south baseline, yelling over the railing down at the Rowdies "Let's Go ZIPS!" in order to get them to start chanting SOMETHING at a most crucial time of the game. He got another cheer going a bit later before someone downstairs figured out that they should so something! :rolleyes: Why is this so hard?

I've read posts on here ripping on other schools students sections, calling them quiet, disgracful, etc...  I'll admit, today was my first game at the JAR this season, but come on 47 (yes I personally counted them all) students combined in the two sections at tip-off??  Althought those that were next to the band were loud... And someone walking around the GA section asking anyone if they wanted a shirt and wristband to sit down low?  When did they start doing that?  I know the Rowdies are usually a quality student section, and it's only Buffalo, but after reading previous posts on here, I was expecting a lot more.  Hopefully things will be better next game...
Wish I could explain it. It's just apathy I think. Oh, and with the difference between end zones...it's the same problem as last year (south end = good and loud, north end = crappy and quiet) I think it's time for athletics and marketing to make an effort to get students to the games instead of just assuming they'll show up. Last year there were several contests like ones for the dorms where the floor with the most students showing up got a pizza party. I dunno...wish the marketing department would do something, period. I'm hoping a big winning streak (some points in the national polls?) will make word spread fast. P.S. I was also disappointed in the showing for the rest of the seats 3,561?!? Ugh, what does it take for this community? There's another thread near this one in the forums about Coach D moving on (unfounded, I know) but if there's one reason for it to happen, it'd be that this dang city just doesnt care enough to show up to support the team/school.

In response to the original poster, yea, the turnout was definitely pathetic. Especially after the Can't game, but my post about the O Zone still holds true. If you're going to pack the student section they should be loud. Maybe my observations are skewed and the Rowdies sound louder than they are since I'm sitting with them, but I think we were loud most of the game, not just when we took the lead.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the South-end Rowdies weren't the only ones making any noise at all. The North-enders looked confused and generally just not into the game except on a few occassions. The same can be said for the Reserved section, who lived up to their name; they acted very reserved. The GA was filled with little kids, due to the Sunday afternoon matinee scheduled time.

I did like the C-note by the way bleacher... Maybe because I was sitting up behind you guys, but it sounded down right quiet during a lot of the first half. Is it better to have all the really rowdy fans at one end or split them between the sides to keep both sides energized?Also, I was corrected, the person who was offering to let people sit low were not giving out the rowdy shirts. He was just haning on to them so as not to leave them somewhere and have them taken. My fault.

I was sitting in the upper side-court GA bleachers and the Rowdies (on the south end) sounded loud and proud to me.
Ditto that. Was in upper left-hand side of center GA and was very impressed with south Rowdies. North "Rowdies" were a zero and from the sounds of it, one of them really pissed the Buffalo coach off. Anyone have any info on what happened?

The north side is generally quieter. I really do not know why. We need to get some more of the obnoxious Rowdies over there. I don't think Witherspoon (Buffalo's coach) really got too mad at the Rowdies, he is just an animated coach that likes to interact with the fans. That's pretty much what I've gathered. He and Charlie Coles are two of my favorite coaches to welcome to the JAR. Of course, we are jerks to them, but I think they know we mean well. ;)I also wanted to add that the C-Note isn't mine. It was made by Bob (Awesome Dude). If you get a chance to see it up close, we crossed out the signature of the Secretary of the Treasury and C-Mid signed it. Rumor on the street is that he wants it after the season.

Im not going to lie and take all the credit for the Erroneous sign, the idea was half mine and half of my Awesome Lady's. She helped me make the sign about 20 min before the Miami game. I will however take credit for making the entire C-note sign. It took a long @$$ time to make that one. And i do give credit to the rowdies that went to OU and helped spark the idea.Lets see some more signs like this stuff for our boys cuz these two signs are pretty BA (bad a$$) but its not just one guy doing all the work (c-mid). So lets see some more signs for our boys that we can use all year instead of signs that we can use maybe once against the visiting teams. :rock::screwks::screwks: