Toledo vs Ohio

zen

UT vs. OU - Who you rooting for?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On one hand, I'd really like to see Toledo get a hash in that loss column. They're stealing some of our lime-light with their undefeated conference record.But on the other hand, Ohio going to 4-4 helps pull them off our heals a bit so that it would really only be Can't right behind us in the east.The game is Wednesday. I can't decide.

Good question Zen.I think I'll be rooting for OU on this one.Number 1. Even though OU beat us on their court, I really don't think they're strong enought to take us and the East. When it comes MAC Tourney time, we should be a higher seed. I'm confident we'll revenge that earlier loss when we play in the JAR.Number 2. All this talk about Toledo amazes me. Many people already are seeding them number 1 for the MAC Tournament when, a. They play in the cream puff west and b. Their non-conf. schedule really wasn't that difficult. I understand they're a good team, however, I can't see how people are describing them as a slam dunk (excuse the pun) as the best in the MAC.

Ya guys, this is really interesting.If Ohio can beat Toledo, we have a better shot at the #1 seed.But if Toledo beats Ohio, it decreases our chances at the #1, but improves our position for the #2 seed.I think I like our odds if Ohio wins against Toledo since, as some of you have said, we should be able to give Ohio another loss on our own since we play them at home in a couple of weeks.

An OU loss would go a long way in taking them out of east contention but we need Toledo to lose. I do not want to go in their place against an undefeated Toledo squad. Also, the zips need the highest seed they can get. We need an easy road to the finals at the Q or else it becomes a crap shoot as to whether we can win it or not.

I'm rooting for the Rockets for three reasons. First, I have to agree with the general sentiment that it's always a good thing when the Boobcats lose! Second, I'd like to see the Zip/Rocket clash at UT get as much hype as possible, win or lose. I figure that the outcome of the UT/UA regular season game might not have as much impact on our "path" duting the MAC tourney as one might expect. Let's say UT wins, then there's a good chance they'd be a 1 seed, and we'd more than likely end up as a 2 or 3 seed. We wouldn't have to play them again until the finals anyway, assuming we both get there. Of course, the MAC tourney is always some sort of a crapshoot anyway. My final reason is that I respect the UT athletic program as a whole. I think UT probably has as much in common with UA as any other MAC school. I mean think of the similarities:1) both are urban universities in mid-size, midwestern cities known to be on the wrong end of "humorous: jabs from time to time2) both have had football stadiums built by the WPA!3) both have stadiums named after the industry that fueled the growth of each city4) similar size (student body)5) and last but not least........neither UT nor UA suck like Can't!!! :screwks:

An OU loss would go a long way in taking them out of east contention but we need Toledo to lose. I do not want to go in their place against an undefeated Toledo squad. Also, the zips need the highest seed they can get. We need an easy road to the finals at the Q or else it becomes a crap shoot as to whether we can win it or not.
No such thing as an easy road at the Q.On one hand I'd like to get the #4 seed rather than #2 or #3. I'd much rather play Toledo in the Semi's than another one of the MAC East teams. But with the change to the format of the tournament this year, Seeds 4 through 13 will have to play 4 games in 4 days to win the tourny, so the bye becomes important.Toledo will most likely get the #1 seed in the tourny simply because they play in the west and don't have to come to Akron, Can't, etc... They are one of the top 5 teams. It will come down to who gets hot in cleveland.I'll root for OU, MAC East needs to dominate the west.

Toledo will most likely get the #1 seed in the tourny simply because they play in the west and don't have to come to Akron, Can't, etc...  They are one of the top 5 teams.  It will come down to who gets hot in cleveland.
Actually, Toledo comes to the MACC on Feb. 6th. They should be undefeated in MAC play when they do. They won't be when they leave however. Then we can battle for MAC supremacy alone. :cheers:

I like some of these points.And come to think of it, I think we should want Toledo to lose.Why? Because the difference between being a #1 seed and a #2/#3 seed could be big. If we end up #1, we play the #4 in the semi finals. That could be just the advantage we need this year to get to that championship game.

can they both lose? Zips just keep winning and it doesn't matter...all this talk for what? Win out and sweep the tourney, job done. I don't like to watch the board, just take care of your own business every night. Just like we can't change the Bracket Buster set up. I honestly could care less the outcome of the Rockets-Bubbacats matchup.