Toledo versus Can't

UAZipster0305

Is that the guy calling the game on TW23? As i understand, he went to can't state... so what can you expect. Can't read, can't write and can't make sense when calling a game.I thought that it is our interest for Can't to win, or let me rephrase, for Toledo to loose. So i am not disappointed. Let's hope WMU beats OU. they're in OT.

Toledo didn't impress me a whole lot. I think we win by close to double digits this weekend. I also was not impressed with the Can't crowd. 3200 people for the East #2 vs. West #1??! Are you kidding me? I'd like to think that if the Toledo game was in Akron this year, we'd pack the joint! Their student section was only loud during the final two minutes. I know I'm biased but I think the Rowdies are generally loud throughout the whole game, at least I know I am. Kudos to the five Toledo superfans at the game. We heard them across the arena! We're gonna shut them up this weekend though!

I wish I had 5 minutes alone with Bill Needle, or Needo or however the hell you say his last name. I would love to hear him suck off Can't some more with no teeth. He is by far the worst tv announcer ever.
I'm telling ya - I had the ice picks deep into the eye sockets again tonight watching Toledo/Can't and listening to Needle "call" the game. I thought Can't previous play-by-play guy was bad but Needle IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!!!!!!!!! I should have turned the TV sound down and tuned in to the guy doing radio for Can't in Needles place. WHAT does Can't hear when they listen to Needle to keep the guy around?! :puke:

#20 is fast and can knock down the three. I was really looking forward to seeing Valencia play, but was not impressed. I didn't see anyone that would match up with J-Wood very well. I look for him to have a big offensive and rebounding day and Cedrick should have a big game defensively with steals and contested shots. If we can penetrate, we will blow them out. Can't had some serious open lanes to the basket and shot like 1 of 17 from behind the arc. Their players all seemed pretty small, I don't know if they really were or if we were just sitting up high. Toledo has some scrappy rebounders. They weren't real tall, but they knocked around loose balls and dove for them.After tonight, Toledo seemed to be a perimeter team. They rarely took the ball inside (I think they were outscored in the paint 42-20) and when they did, they just drove straight baseline, got trapped, and settled for a contested jumper. They did not drive directly at the basket. Also, I don't remember what number he was, but one of their smaller guys is reckless with the ball when he tries to drive. Look for some charges. I think if we can play solid defense, we blow them out. If we get into a shootout with them, the winner is probably gonna be whoever shoots better from behind the arc.

hopefully we get up big so that we can all of the players in. I have feeling that down the stretch and going into the MAC tourney it is going to help us out alot being able to pull guys from the bench to play some time and give the starters more rest then other teams can with their starters. and having the best 6th man in the league cedrick middelton coming off the bench an providing energy and speed is always a great thing... and as always... :screwks:

I'm no Needle fan, I think he's terrible, but is he any worse than Frenchie? There really is no bigger homer than Steve French for the Zips. And of course :screwks:
This is what happens when the University hires the announcers instead of the stations.There is an inherant conflict of interest.However, Steve French is head and shoulders above Bill Needle.I listened to Needle the night we played them, and as a former radio play by play announcer I can honestly say I can not understand how the man is on the air.

I agree Frenchy is MUCH better Bill Needle (even Can't fans agree with that one!), but Frenchy is a big homer.However, most pro teams also hire the announcer and not the stations. All three pro announcers in Cleveland are employed by the respective teams. Make sense from their point of view because they have some control over what is said in a way.

However, most pro teams also hire the announcer and not the stations. 
That's what I was saying Fear.In the old days, the stations hired the announcers because they were considered more journalists at the time....how can you be critical of the team that employes you? You just can't get an honest opinion that way...unless of course you are Joe Tait.From the teams perspective it makes a lot of sense, but I think the listener loses an objective broadcast. The announcers just turn into a mouthpiece for the owners, or in this case, the university.But these days $$$$$ rules.