MAC East RPI

FearTheRoo

MAC East:#76 Ohio #96 Akron #104 Can't State #127 Miami #221 Buffalo #251 Bowling Green MAC West:#98 Toledo#148 Western Michigan#239 Ball State#253 Central Michigan#255 Eastern Michigan#298 Northern IllinoisPretty Much what you would expect. With the exception of Toledo and Western Michigan, the West clearly sucks and is dragging our conference down as a whole.

If we beat Toledo on Saturday, our RPI will make a jump, possibly into the high 80's. Playing the rest of the MAC west really hurt us though. I know we have beaten them all thus far, but remember that before we played them our RPI was 98. Five wins in a row and we only move up two spots. It killed our SOS. The only way to get better is to win every game. We will see what happens at Toledo. After that, our schedule gets really difficult with games at Can't State, Miami, Duquesne, and Buffalo, plus Ohio at home.

I can't understand how Ohio still has an RPI higher than everyone, but are 3rd in the MAC East standings and 4th overall. :wall:
The Zips have played 6 games OOC against teams with RPIs over 200 and only 4 against teams under 200, one of which is at 198. Ohio played only 2 games OOC against teams with RPIs over 200 and 9 games against teams with RPIs under 200. Hopefully Dambrot puts together a much more RPI friendly schedule next year.

I can't understand how Ohio still has an RPI higher than everyone, but are 3rd in the MAC East standings and 4th overall.  :wall:
The Zips have played 6 games OOC against teams with RPIs over 200 and only 4 against teams under 200, one of which is at 198. Ohio played only 2 games OOC against teams with RPIs over 200 and 9 games against teams with RPIs under 200. Hopefully Dambrot puts together a much more RPI friendly schedule next year.
This is really a catch 22. If you schedule a tough OOC slate, and lose a few of em, your RPI goes up along with the strength of schedule. But then come selection time, they look at you and say "well, they have good RPI, but too many losses for a mid major." If you schedule a cupcake OOC and whoop butt on into the conference schedule (i.e. this year) they look at you and say "wow, the record is impressive, but their strength of schedule and rpi is too low."Answers: Schedule tough and somehow win the vast majority. OR Realize the regular season is really the preseason in the MAC and win out in the tourney.The life of "mid-majors." I hate that word.