Rowdies in Toledo

Bleacher Bum

Alright folks, I know everyone is disappointed this morning about last night's loss, but I wanna give some major love to the Rowdies for showing up and being loud. Taking a full bus to Toledo for a big game says a lot about how many die-hards we have in the section. Hopefully we can take 8 times as many people to Can't in March.Also, the little bro on the bus, Kyle. I sat behind him at the game and if he doesn't go to Akron, I don't want him going anywhere in the MAC. This kid is the future of the AK-Rowdies!I'll see everyone on Tuesday! I propose all the Rowdies who don't have night classes sit outside the JAR and wait for Bubba to get off the bus. Anyone know what time their bus will probably pull in?

Also, the little bro on the bus, Kyle. I sat behind him at the game and if he doesn't go to Akron, I don't want him going anywhere in the MAC. This kid is the future of the AK-Rowdies!
As Kyle's "chaperone" (EAR MUFFS! Yeah, right ... :lol: ) and dad, thanks for adopting Kyle as one of your own. GREAT time on the bus and at Savage Hall in Toledo - so much so that he couldn't stop talking about it in the car on the way back to our house or with his mom once we got home. We had to plead the 5th to some of her questions. Mom says he can still go to the games and on road trips but I've lost my job as chaperone ;) . Seriously, I wish there had been ANYTHING resembling what you guys have put together in two short years when I was at Akron (mid-80s). Kyle will be an official Rowdie in about six years and hopefully will help lead and build on what the rest of you are putting into place now. Thanks again for looking beyond his age and treating him with kindness and respect. He bleeds Akron Blue and Gold like the rest of you and always will. Thanks for letting his dad tag along with the rest of you last night. Can't wait to see what you have in store for OU Tuesday night!

"Kyle's "chaperone" (EAR MUFFS! Yeah, right ... ) and dad" pretty much gets the coolest dad of the year award in my book.I was so proud of how the students came out. A year or two ago, I would have never gone to an away game, let alone screamed myself to having no voice at the end of the night.Can't wait until tomorrow's game. 1. We are going to beat OU by double digits. 2. Because it's my 21st birthday.