WOOOOO!!!

danalleman

I love your brother but his quote on www.clevelandbrowns.com really was a punch in the face to Zips fans.Quote:Massillon Washington High School grad and Akron University guard Andy Alleman's stock appears to be rising after a solid time in the 40-yard dash at the combine.He said he'd love to stay in Ohio for his pro career."It would feel great," he said. "I was born and raised in Ohio. If it's college, you're a Buckeye fan. The pros, a Cleveland fan. It'd be a great opportunity. I'd be happy wherever I go but Cleveland would be a great place to be."http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6545That is just wrong!

I love your brother but his quote on www.clevelandbrowns.com really was a punch in the face to Zips fans.Quote:Massillon Washington High School grad and Akron University guard Andy Alleman's stock appears to be rising after a solid time in the 40-yard dash at the combine.He said he'd love to stay in Ohio for his pro career."It would feel great," he said. "I was born and raised in Ohio. If it's college, you're a Buckeye fan. The pros, a Cleveland fan. It'd be a great opportunity. I'd be happy wherever I go but Cleveland would be a great place to be."http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6545That is just wrong!
Wrong, but true.

Sure, there's certainly more Suckeyes fans in Ohio than fans for any other school. But Ohio has plenty of people that are dedicated to one of the many MAC schools also. Honestly, Ohio State's biggest competitor for fans in Ohio is, unfortunately, Michigan. Especially if you live up in that NW corner of Ohio, around the Toledo area. It's actually pretty well split between Ohio State and Michigan, and I know quite a few Suckeyes fans up in that area that would vouch for that being the truth.However, I really don't care. I've lived in Ohio for over 40 years, and I am a Zip fan, and couldn't care less what happens to anyone else.Of course, I wish Alleman had not said that. But he's played in front of an empty Rubber Bowl enough times that he (and I can't blame him) probably doesn't feel like he owes any loyalty to Akron.

Andy loved being a zip :champs: !! He also loves knowing he is... 6'4" 30610-yard: 1.71 ET; tied for 1st guard in the country, tied for 3rd overall offensive lineman40-yard: 5.07 ET; 1st guard in the country, 6th overall offensive linemanBench: 30; 4th guard in the country, tied for 5th overall offensive linemanVertical: 30"; 1st guard in the country, tied for 5th overall offensive linemanBroad Jump: 8'10"; 1st guard in the country, tied for 5th overall offensive linemanShuttle (Pro-Agility): 4.38; 1st guard in the country, 3rd overall offensive lineman3-cone: 7.44; 1st guard in the country, tied for 3rd overall offensive linemanWonderlic: 26

Seriously, get over it Jalapeno.
That is not acceptable and never will be. To steal a line from the AK-Rowdies "THAT'S ERRONEOUS ON ALL ACCOUNTS!"
Actually, I believe you stole the line from the American classic "Wedding Crashers" "Erroneous! Erroneous! Erroneous on both accounts!"

Seriously, get over it Jalapeno.
That is not acceptable and never will be. To steal a line from the AK-Rowdies "THAT'S ERRONEOUS ON ALL ACCOUNTS!"
Actually, I believe you stole the line from the American classic "Wedding Crashers" "Erroneous! Erroneous! Erroneous on both accounts!"
Ha-Ha-Ha! Very true! But I am going to stop beating a dead horse! Tell Andy we are all proud of him and are hoping for great things from him in the NFL and beyond. I have one request! If he ever makes it in a starting line-up for a Monday Night Football game and he introduces himself he has to say "Andy Alleman - THE University of Akron"Also if he gets drafted by the Browns, I am going to have to meet up with your dad and have some of his amazing Chili!

:mad_flame: Alleman got the opportunity to play HERE...he didn't have to come from pitt...but he chose to...he is where he is do to his hard work AND the opp he was given at AKRON...not osu!!!
Hey man, relax...Andy acknowledges his opportunity that he had to play at Akron. He didn't have to come from pitt, you're right, but Akron needed him. You can't deny that there are more osu fans than Zips fans, but trust me...there is no love for osu, he just stated facts.