Celebrate the Zips!

zee

Along with protesting and making our voices heard about this outrage - I also feel cheated out of celebrating a great season with 2006-2007 Zips basketball team. The way the Miami game ended :puke: we were blind-sided by that ending and who would of thought we would never get to root for our Zips again. I have been trying to think of a proper conclusion to this season that helps us celebrate the great ride this team brought us on this year and couldn't think of anything. Leave it to my 12 year-old son, Kyle, to come up with a great suggestion. His idea is to have a final game at the JAR - ZIPS vs. the AK-Rowdies. It would give us a chance to cheer for the Dru and Romeo one last time even if it would be a light-hearted competition. It could also be used as a fund-raiser for the Rowdies - charge a few bucks to get in - to help make that organization even stronger next year. What do you think???

Along with protesting and making our voices heard about this outrage - I also feel cheated out of celebrating a great season with 2006-2007 Zips basketball team. The way the Miami game ended :puke: we were blind-sided by that ending and who would of thought we would never get to root for our Zips again. I have been trying to think of a proper conclusion to this season that helps us celebrate the great ride this team brought us on this year and couldn't think of anything. Leave it to my 12 year-old son, Kyle, to come up with a great suggestion. His idea is to have a final game at the JAR - ZIPS vs. the AK-Rowdies. It would give us a chance to cheer for the Dru and Romeo one last time even if it would be a light-hearted competition. It could also be used as a fund-raiser for the Rowdies - charge a few bucks to get in - to help make that organization even stronger next year. What do you think???
I'd bank that there's some developmentally disabled NCAA rule about this sort of thing (one cant say "retarded" and be PC any more). Good idea, nonetheless. I know I could take rome. What's a 30 lb and 9 inch height advantage worth, anyways?

Why not have people go to the JAR and then bring in the basketball team to honor them for a great season they could take pictures, sign autographs and talk to the fans and then we can give a lil somthing extra to our departing seniors dru joyce and romeo travis.. we could have them make films with clips of the last 4 years for each one and have it played on the jumobtron. I really think both the team and romeo an dru deserve this... it would be a GREAT way to show the university and our basketball team that we are behind them 100%

I think it's a good idea, but maybe not enough people would come.You know, the way our season ended really sucked. But if you think about it, for most teams, the last time the seniors get to play is usually a tournament game, where the fans never really get a chance to say goodbye anyway. So, this is not unusual.But...in this case...we certainly didn't think that Saturday was the last we'd see these guys.

That is a great idea... they can have a 20 minutes intrasquad game, blue against gold.Then we can have autographs and stuff. One thing is that if we can't fill up the JAR, this would be embarrassing.
even if we dont fill it... but got 1000 people to show their support thats better then nothing, and they would know that we are all behind them.

I think this is an awesome idea. I would definitely come up one last time for this before I ship out for basic. Maybe something fun for these guys would be to ask Lebron and the Cavs to come down and have a practice/scrimmage with the Zips like they do in the preseason. Something for Dru and Rome to do before they have to leave and draw in crowds. Also invite some of the recruits too so they can have a shoot around and get in the Zips experience early. Then maybe have a picture and autograph portion with the Zips after.

Why not have people go to the JAR and then bring in the basketball team to honor them for a great season they could take pictures, sign autographs and talk to the fans and then we can give a lil somthing extra to our departing seniors dru joyce and romeo travis.. we could have them make films with clips of the last 4 years for each one and have it played on the jumobtron. I really think both the team and romeo an dru deserve this... it would be a GREAT way to show the university and our basketball team that we are behind them 100%
Who do we talk to to get something done? :unsure:

Why not have people go to the JAR and then bring in the basketball team to honor them for a great season they could take pictures, sign autographs and talk to the fans and then we can give a lil somthing extra to our departing seniors dru joyce and romeo travis.. we could have them make films with clips of the last 4 years for each one and have it played on the jumobtron.  I really think both the team and romeo an dru deserve this... it would be a GREAT way to show the university and our basketball team that we are behind them 100%
Who do we talk to to get something done? :unsure:
I emailed mack to see if it were possible. Its the least we can do for these guys.. they gave their blood,sweat and tears for us.... so if he agree's lets all show up and send them off with the proper respect that they deserve.

I really like this idea. I've been thinking we need to show our guys some support somehow and this would be a good way to say thanks and put a final ending on everything that's a little bit of a happier one. I think some kind of mini game and then the highlights are a good idea like of Romeo and Dru and some from the regular season and then a photo/autograph session with the players. I'm sure there would be a good number for people who came to the games this season at the JAR that would come and I know myself and the Rowdies would be there to show support. I hope they like this idea as well and can come up with something not long from now.