Thank you VCU

GoZips88

SEE ya, Duke! 6-seed??? Yeah, right. About as right as one of the other crap decisions the NCAA made on Sunday - leaving Akron out of the NIT. Fun to hear the crowd on the neutral floor rooting for VCU. Don't ya just HATE it, Duke, when you have to play OOC away from home?!? :thumb:

duke is down this year, and i predicted (in my head and to my friends) that they would get upset. i think their seeding was too high this year, but since they have the history they get the benefit of the doubt. even with the loss i have a ton of respect for coach k. i think he's one of the coaches i most admire.

I like Coach K as well and respect what they have done in the PAST. What rubs me the wrong way is team selection and seeding should be based on what has been done THIS year, not what you've done in prior years. If your team is down, sucks to be you. You get a lower seeding or possibly don't even get to dance that year. I can't believe how much that NIT snub stings ... :mad_flame:

I respect coach K also, but maybe your respect will go down a little after I tell you something. I was listening to WKNR with Rhoda. He had Kennedy, the Can't State AD. After Can't's game with Duke this year Kennedy went to coach K and stated that he was looking forward to Duke coming to Can't next year or soon after. K told Kennedy that: "WE JUST BARELY BEAT YOU HERE, WE ARE NOT GOING TO YOUR PLACE"

SEE ya, Duke! 6-seed??? Yeah, right. About as right as one of the other crap decisions the NCAA made on Sunday - leaving Akron out of the NIT. Fun to hear the crowd on the neutral floor rooting for VCU. Don't ya just HATE it, Duke, when you have to play OOC away from home?!?
The bad news is another conference, Colonial, is making a move past the MAC further limiting additional bids for us. Last year they had George Mason, the VCU win adds more credibility to them.

a-zip. You're right. For the second straight year, the visibility of the Colonial Athletic Conference has increased. And, without Akron in the tournement, the MAC is not going to get an opportunity to do the same.But I want to ask you guys this question......When Can't got to the Elite 8 a few years ago, do you think that the following year might have been our best chance to get multiple bids again, if it was ever going to happen? Or, at least within the next couple of years?I have to add this....For 40+ years I have looked forward to this time of the year, more than any other, when it comes to being excited about watching sports. March Madness is the ultimate. But, I'm just not into it this year. The events of this past week have just left a bitter taste in my mouth.

The bad news is another conference, Colonial, is making a move past the MAC further limiting additional bids for us. Last year they had George Mason, the VCU win adds more credibility to them.

The Colonial Conference has 4 teams in the post season this year. Two in the NCAA and two in the NIT. The freaking Colonial! They are already far past the MAC. That blows! :chair:

One more thing-- I would be most happy if Can't ever won another game in ANYTHING,but they were also snubbed by National Crud Athletic Assn/NIT and thizs afterr how many 20+ winning seasons. They also have a complaint. Yhe MAC is losing its nationalsignificance/