FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!

TXZipFan

Just wanted to share my excitement, finally there are gonna be some pads cracking... I only wish I could be there to see it. Do you think Mike Rasor or The Plain Dealer will have some info on how it goes the next couple days, or is practice closed to the public?Whew I'm just glad football's back even if it is Spring Ball!!!

Any word on the health of Aaris Reed and Alex Allen? Anxious to see both of these guys.
i actually talked to alex allen and he said that he is only at about 85% right now, so he is sitting out the spring ball, but he will be back for summer ball at 100%. it will be exciting to see our Rb this year because we have a whole stable of them an their all pretty decent.kennedyreedBrian Williams ( he may play cb tho)andre walkerand a few more i cant think of off the top of my head

Walked past the practice field on my way to class this evening, they had shoulder pads and helmets on and running drills.
I dont think they had shoulder pads on,the last i knew... the ncaa says they are required to have the first 2 days of spring ball in just helmets and can wear full gear on the 3rd day(with no contact) an then on the 4th day it is full go.....nice article on gozips.com about the practice. Looks like our defense will be our strong point. and our OL will be alot more athletic then it was a year ago. I Love that they are going to a no huddle, like BG does, because it throws off the defense and doesnt allow them to get the proper defensive players into the game. It helps alot that whoever our QB this year is is going to me more mobile and can move around in the pocket or tuck it an run if need be.

I Love that they are going to a no huddle, like BG does, because it throws off the defense and doesnt allow them to get the proper defensive players into the game.
This was the one thing I expected to see a whole lot of last year (based on observations in the MAC championship and Motor City Bowl) and I was very disappointed that I didn't (at least not much). IMO Getsy's one absolute strength is running the no-huddle. Well at least we might see it this year. Better late than never?

I Love that they are going to a no huddle, like BG does, because it throws off the defense and doesnt allow them to get the proper defensive players into the game.
This was the one thing I expected to see a whole lot of last year (based on observations in the MAC championship and Motor City Bowl) and I was very disappointed that I didn't (at least not much). IMO Getsy's one absolute strength is running the no-huddle. Well at least we might see it this year. Better late than never?
according to the article, they are going to be doing it alot. I will talk to a few of the QB's in the next couple of days and see if that is true, hope so because it makes the pace of the game faster and alot more fun to watch.