Trey Fairchild of Dublin Coffman...

timmyboy

His dad has been on the board saying his son would be interested in playing for the Zips, and i finally got a chance to watch his highlight tape all the way thru. WOW this kid is a ball player. Watching his highlight film reminds me alot of when i was watching Harvey's Highlight film his junior and senior year in HS. If we have a chance to get this kid.......LETS DO IT, he could be the game changer we need, all i can vision is this kid, playing along side Gary Pride, Bryan Williams, Alex Allen, Dennis Kennedy....... wow, there would be alot of speed and athletism between this group! His dad told me his 40 times times when he went to the rivals.com junior day, and they are as followed....40: 4.4 - 4.36 - 4.37Shuttle: 4.1Reps @ 185 = 14Vertical 36.2and His stats from His junior year.......REC = 51-766-6Rush = 20-288-4Punt ret = 10-156-2

GP... Why do you say that???To be honest, I'm not really worried about any other MAC school. Akron has the brightest future out of the MAC schools (in Ohio at least).Miami: haven't been successful since Shane Montgomery took overBowling Green: has been declining as Urban Meyer's impression there fades (if it's even there anymore)Toledo: they're struggling to replace Gradkowski and haven't really found domeone to fill that void yetOhio: if he's not playing running back he won't touch the ballCan't: nuff saidAkron: I'm very confident that after he sees the young talent we've got and that we've got a state of the art stadium in the works. Combine that with the fact that JD has produced some great recievers (Larry Fitzgerald), I think Akron will be high on Trey's list. I'm not really worried unless some big BCS school comes along, but I think Trey might realize that he could make an immediate impact at Akron and he might not get as good of a look at a big BCS school because he isn't as highly coveted. If he does choose another MAC school I'd personally be suprised, but if you have some info to dhare please do. I just look at the logic and it wouldn't make sense.

This kid will be going to a MAC school other than Akron.
I dunno about that. his dad an him seem pretty interested in Akron over the other schools. He said they are just waiting for akron to offer, thats all. Hopefully we do cuz as we can see from his highlight film, he is a football player, and even better...he is a great kid (according to the things his dad has told me about him) he goes to church on a regular basis, he attends class and have a high GPA, he has never been in trouble with the law, he volunteers.

Is there a reason for the 1 star rating of scouts.com if he has been this impressive?
both scout and rivals dont start their ratings until the senior season starts, the most they give are 2 stars to the top players. If you look at mike adams ( #1 lineman in the country, and teammate of trey's) he is only a 2 star, but once the season starts he will jump up to a 5 star. we will just have to wait until the season to see how many "stars" he gets.......but remember you cant always go by them, because aj hawk was only a 3 star coming out of HS and ended up as the best linebacker in the country.

I saw this team play three times last season. Trey is a good player and a good person, but if we miss out on this one we will be ok and so will he. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this one.There were at least two kids on the team last season that were better than Trey. I believe one is going to WVU on a full scholarship (Akron did not make much of a run at him). The other kid is the left tackle on offense and will be a senior next season (can't think of his name). 6' 6" and 305 lbs...he already looks like an NFL player and he still has room to grow. He has already declared he is going to OSU and without injury, he will be in the NFL some day. Probably the best high school offensive lineman I have ever seen in person. Some say he is the best Ohio offensive lineman since Orland Pace. He is shocking athletic for his size.

I saw this team play three times last season. Trey is a good player and a good person, but if we miss out on this one we will be ok and so will he. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this one.There were at least two kids on the team last season that were better than Trey. I believe one is going to WVU on a full scholarship (Akron did not make much of a run at him). The other kid is the left tackle on offense and will be a senior next season (can't think of his name). 6' 6" and 305 lbs...he already looks like an NFL player and he still has room to grow. He has already declared he is going to OSU and without injury, he will be in the NFL some day. Probably the best high school offensive lineman I have ever seen in person. Some say he is the best Ohio offensive lineman since Orland Pace. He is shocking athletic for his size.
There was a WR on the same team who has signed a full ride to OSU and there is Mike Adams (6'7 310lbs) who has already signed to go to OSU on a full ride also. But after that it looks like trey is their next best player. He would be a great addition to our team, im really hoping that he is a Zip. I know im going to push JD to watch his film if he hasent and offer this kid.

There was a WR on the same team who has signed a full ride to OSU and there is Mike Adams (6'7 310lbs) who has already signed to go to OSU on a full ride also. But after that it looks like trey is their next best player. He would be a great addition to our team, im really hoping that he is a Zip. I know im going to push JD to watch his film if he hasent and offer this kid.
There was no WR that signed a scholarship to OSU from last years Coffman team. I believe the other kid was possibly #44 and he was a LB/FB. He signed to go to WVU. I was disappointed that we did not recruit this kid because he could have been a really good MAC player and I think he may get lost in the pack at WVU.The main point is that in almost no cases is there a third best player on any high school team that would be a big contributor to a D-1A team.The dynamics of recruiting are very complicated. I'm sure the coaching staff knows full well about this kid and maybe they feel they have enough players at his position. God knows we have brought in a bunch of WRs in the past couple of years. Who knows? Columbus has not ever been a hot recruiting area for the Zips. Probably the last really good player we recruited out of Columbus was Butchie Washington. I don't think the success or failure of the Zips will depend upon whether Trey plays for the Zips or not. Trey is a good kid from a good family and he will not be playing for Akron.

Jake Stonebrunner is committed to Ohio State and he was a wide reciever on their team last year. Here's a link
Good find, but this isn't the kid. I looked at their team photo from last year and maybe #31 is the kid that signed with WVU...there are no names with the photos. I have no idea how to look it up though. I am very close with someone who knows the program well and he mentioned they have a kid going to WVU and it was not this Fairchild kid.

I believe one is going to WVU on a full scholarship
Just a small point as it was mentioned twice, football is a head count sport for scholarships meaning anyone who gets a scholarship is a full scholarship, their are no partials in football.I am looking at this kids speed and v-jump and thinking his numbers are definitely D-IA. He is getting looks from are D-IA schools and he is in-state. I hope we do pursue him. JD and crew have done an excellent job on the recruiting end. They will be able to evaluate and determine if he is worth offering. First and foremost I want Akron to have an outstanding recruiting class, if the athletes are from OH then that is an additional plus.

The name of the kid going to WVU I'm thinking about is Gardner. Some of you guys can find things real quick.....it takes me 45 minutes on Google and three phone calls to find things out. The phone call was the key.Does anyone want to bet that Trey is playing for Syracuse in a couple years? How much would you be willing to bet?

GP- Why would you say Syracuse??? IMO Akron is a much better program than 'cuse... who haven't had a real good season since McNabb left. We are a program on the rise while they haven't been able to get it right in years. To bet on where a kid will end up is crazy tho, there are so many more factors that go into the descision and they vary for each individual kid. If Trey is looking to be close to home where all his family can watch the games while getting the opportunity to contribute early I think Akron would be his best choice. Without knowing what factors are going to play the biggest part in his decision there's really no telling.

Does anyone want to bet that Trey is playing for Syracuse in a couple years? How much would you be willing to bet?
according to his dad, things are wide open. and he is just waiting for the zips to offer. He said all they are waiting for is an offer from the zips, so i am thinking that if we offer this kid, he will be a zip.

GP- Why would you say Syracuse???
A little bird told me. From the many many many posts I have posted on this board, I have never really posted about a recruit....basically because the whole debate over recruiting is borring. I would not post about this unless I had some good information. In the end I could very well be wrong, but today I feel good about what I know.People can agree or disagree about JD's coaching ability, but he has shown an ability to bring in and develop good wide receivers at UofA and PITT. I will defer to his judgement on this player. If we are not really recruiting him, there must be a good reason for it.Take care everyone.

Hello all. If you want the scoop here it is.Mike Adams left tackle is committed to tOSUJake Stoneburner wr/te is commited to tOSUSteve Gardiner #44 has offers from WVU and Miami no committment anywhere and is waiting to make a decision. lb/rb..6'2" 200 being recruited as a LB. Wants an OSU offerTrey Fairchild has offers from Syracuse, Duke and Ball State. I would say at this point Trey wants to take his time and go through the camp season, but will commit before the season starts. Actually, Akron is recruiting Trey pretty hard. Coach Callahan and Ferri are in consistant contact and we are coming tomorrow to visit and Trey will be sitting in on meetings with the Staff. The other schools recruiting Trey "hard" which I consider consistant texts and "hand written" letters are Maryland, Boston College, Colorado,Northwestern, Louisville and Pitt. Not just pieces of mail, those are so numerous that it is tough to open them all and some are just bulk mail.In regard to Syracuse we will be visiting there on the 21st and Duke on the 5th of May. Syracuse's edge comes from the fact they were the first to offer. GP I am not sure who your sources are, but I am the best one, so this is respectfully the situation.There are 3 teams in Ohio that have mulitple legit D1 prospects, Coffman, Mooney and Trotwood Madison. All of the kids on these teams will get big time schollies and yes the 3 and 4th and maybe even the 5th are definate D1 contributors.I know the kids from Coffman VERY well, trust me wherever they are they WILL PLAY and contribute. They have been doing it since they entered HS and are exemplary students.All these kids are juniors. One senior Scott Madsen (#8) is thnking of walking on at WVU.

Hello all. If you want the scoop here it is.Mike Adams left tackle is committed to tOSUJake Stoneburner wr/te is commited to tOSUSteve Gardiner #44 has offers from WVU and Miami no committment anywhere and is waiting to make a decision. lb/rb..6'2" 200 being recruited as a LB. Wants an OSU offerTrey Fairchild has offers from Syracuse, Duke and Ball State. I would say at this point Trey wants to take his time and go through the camp season, but will commit before the season starts. Actually, Akron is recruiting Trey pretty hard. Coach Callahan and Ferri are in consistant contact and we are coming tomorrow to visit and Trey will be sitting in on meetings with the Staff. The other schools recruiting Trey "hard" which I consider consistant texts and "hand written" letters are Maryland, Boston College, Colorado,Northwestern, Louisville and Pitt. Not just pieces of mail, those are so numerous that it is tough to open them all and some are just bulk mail.In regard to Syracuse we will be visiting there on the 21st and Duke on the 5th of May. Syracuse's edge comes from the fact they were the first to offer. GP I am not sure who your sources are, but I am the best one, so this is respectfully the situation.There are 3 teams in Ohio that have mulitple legit D1 prospects, Coffman, Mooney and Trotwood Madison. All of the kids on these teams will get big time schollies and yes the 3 and 4th and maybe even the 5th are definate D1 contributors.I know the kids from Coffman VERY well, trust me wherever they are they WILL PLAY and contribute. They have been doing it since they entered HS and are exemplary students.All these kids are juniors. One senior Scott Madsen (#8) is thnking of walking on at WVU.
Thanks for clearing eveything up jerry. i was going to get frustrated with these people saying they already know who this kid is going to sign with, when I have been telling them that his options are open and he would really like to check out the zips. ha ha