AK-OLDIES

zip81

Well there's been some talk, but it's finally here...introducing the AK-OLDIES.It's a UA Alumni spirit group, which has a mission of:1. Having fun2. Supporting the ZipsIf it ever stops being fun...I'm out!For a $12 fee, you get an AK-OLDIES t shirt with your membership...optional hats are $10.We don't have any annual fees at this point...don't know if we ever will. We just want to get this thing going.Since we're so close to football season, we'd like to distribute the shirts and hats at the first Rubber Bowl game to save postage. If you just can't wait, which I totally understand, just e-mail us and we'll make arrangements.There is only a slight mark up to pay for the Web site..postage if needed and to purchase more shirts and hats. Two of us alums have put up our own money to get it off the ground. Nobody is making anything off of this...strictly non-profit.We are coordinating with the Alumni Asso.We want to have tailgate parties off the bat...who know where the future will take us.Anyone who wishes to help is welcome.A Web site has been put together, and it looks rather good if I do say so myself.AK-OLDIES.org website featuresClub description: The AK-OLDIES are a proud group of University of Akron alumni that is dedicated to supporting ZIPS athletics. If you are someone who loves to support the ZIPS by attending games and cheering wildly, and you are a U of A alumni, then you should be an AK-OLDIE!Memories: You’ll find photos and videos (future) submitted by Zips alumni. Please submit your pictures and videos from past Zips events!Links: An extensive list of Akron Zips related links. Have one you don’t see? Click on CONTACT US to submit!Game Day Resources: Schedules, future game notes, ticket into, driving directions and more!History & Traditions: What was Jon Heisman’s role in Zips history? Visit this section to find out!AK-OLDIES Store: Need an extra t-shirt or hat, stop by to shop!Comments, questions or suggestions? Go to http://www.akoldies.org/contactus.phpHere's the link:http://www.akoldies.org/If you would like to join, just click on "join."This could be a lot of fun!!We hope you like, we hope you enjoy.If you are currently and undergrad..sorry, you're an AK-ROWDIE until you get the sheepskin. But we certainly want you after you move the tassle.Don't know where this is going to go...let's hop on for the ride and lets find out!Thanks and Go Zips!!!AK_Oldies_medium.jpg

I'd like to personally and publicly thank Zip81 for his help with the OLDIES. He done so much to get this group going! We were able to get the 'blessing' of the Athletic Department and the ALumni Association.OLDIES, this is YOUR club! YOUR help and participation will make it GREAT!! YOUR suggestions will make it BETTER. If you can volunteer anything, please contact us. Even if it is just to coordinate bars to watch the away games and maybe help sign up alumni at various games.GO ZIPS!!! :thumb:

As an AK-ROWDIES member with only 1 football season left in me I would like to congradulate zip81 on creating the AK-OLDIES! That is just AWESOME and I hope in some way, shape or form the AK-ROWDIES and AK-OLDIES can have some events together! GO ZIPS and GOOD LUCK with this new and exciting group!!

As an AK-ROWDIES member with only 1 football season left in me I would like to congradulate zip81 on creating the AK-OLDIES! That is just AWESOME and I hope in some way, shape or form the AK-ROWDIES and AK-OLDIES can have some events together! GO ZIPS and GOOD LUCK with this new and exciting group!!
Thanks MightyZip.We look forward to your membership one day.I would also like to thank FeartheRoo. He has put in just as much time, engergy and $$$.It's a labor of love. We just like our school and know many of you do too!!!AK_Oldies_medium.jpg

I'm in!!! Can I just sign up and get the shirt at the Army game?
Thanks Bleacher...not sure if I'll be at the Army game yet....kids, you know. First Rubber Bowl game for sure...I can mail it to you or we can make arrangements...just PM me. I'm on the west side.Thanks...zip81

Hey! Since I haven't been able to acquire a ZipsRowdies shirt at this point, I want to at least have a fall-back, when December comes and the Zips in Paradise (UA Aloha Section Alumni) welcome our Boy Bubba to town for the Rainbow Classic. BTW -- I guess it's not too early to ask folks back in A-Town for ideas on signs to bring to the arena for the Ohio ScatCats. Rumor has it, some "experts" are going to predict that group to win the MAC this year. :lol: The Zips in Paradise want to be sure to let Bubba & Co know they can run -- they can even fly -- but they can't hide from the Roo!

This is wonderful news. Count me in. I currently reside 2-3 hours out of Akron. I will try to attend every possible home game and all the games in western ohio (toledo, BG, dayton, Miami etc...)I will try to be there at the first RB game but i am not sure. Can we arrange for the shirt/hat thing? i will be in Akron this weekend.