Quote of the Day

GP1

While watching ESPN yesterday, I heard Lou Holtz make the quote of the day when discussing the App. State win over Michigan. "Never underestimate how important is is to be accustomed to winning." Never a more true statement about sports has ever been made. I always say that winners win and losers lose. Same thing.The Zips have to start winning so they understand what it takes to win. Starting out the season 1-0 moves them in that direction.

I completely agree with that.But Lou Holtz also made one of the stupidest statements I have ever heard yesterday, saying that this loss has nothing to do with Coach Carr, that it was the players mental errors that cost them the game, isn't the coach suppose to prepare the team so the mental errors don't happen??This guy needs to retire to an old fogies home somewhere in South Florida

How can you even understand what hs e is saying?Although I agree with that quote, Lou needs to give it up. Every week he picks Notre Shame to win and as the recent years have shown, he is usually wrong.He says GT beating ND is an upset, but Appy State beating UM isn't. :rolleyes: He is old and senile and needs to retire. It's funny that Mark May was rolling his eyes when Holtz was doing his garbled talk.