IU Message Board

ZippyRulz

Here's what bothers me...1) Indiana has momentum, and just whooped on another MAC school that they believe is much better than us.2) We will be coming off of a very physically draining contest.
1) If they think we'll be easier to beat than WMU that's just what we want. They will probably think they only need to score a couple times to beat us...let's hope that's not the case.2) I don't think we got physically beat up that much at Cols. and there is a week between games to recover so I think we will be OK physically. I'm more concerned about our smarts & execution. If the offense doesn't do better it may play out the same as Saturday with the D getting worn out in the 2nd half.

I don't think we got beat up in Columbus, either. I think the real physical poundings like that fiasco at Florida under Faust and the hideous mauling in Baton Rouge a few years back are things of the past. Thank God.We can hope Indiana underestimates us, but I'm doubtful. I think they are a team on a mission (a bowl game) playing in front of fans who haven't had so much to cheer for since the early 1960s. I also believe they can watch film and realize what they're up against. Fortunately, our offense didn't really give much away last Saturday. ;)

82....quite to the contrary. I actually think that we did as much beating as they did. Which was impressive.I'm simply referring to the heat, the nature of the game, a defensive battle, a lot of hard tackles, etc., and saying that I expect us to be physically drained. I never said anything about US getting beat up physically. It's difficult after a game like this to get your entire team physically able to practice again, let alone play a game in 6 days. Our guys will really have to suck it up.I'm an old guy too, and am a fan going all the way back to the Dennison era, so I am well aware of the way we got beat up physically during some of those early years of our 1-A existence. :D

there is no way the offense is beat up.they were not on the field enough to be tired.the defense though is another matter.it would be hard to put up the performance like they did at osu.the offense needs to get it in gear to keep our defense fresh.hopefully indiana players are not taking this game seriously.there is alott of parity in c.football this year.look at michigan,and nd being 0-2.indiana is no where near as good as ous defensively.

IU hasn't lost to a MAC team in 30 years.. I think we're 30-4-1 all time. I'm sure plenty of IU teams over the past few decades could have competed for a MAC title, but that's a silly argument to get into.That said, we know where we stand as a program, and will not be overlooking Akron. As for us finishing in the top 5 in the big 10?? i'm not sure, but it would be nice to get to 7-8 wins.You guys played some great defense last week, and we had a great half followed up a lesson in not letting up with a big lead. I hope anyone travelling to Bloomington enjoys it. It's a great place in the fall! Good luck to the Zips!

Respectful fans...always nice to have. Luckily for you there's no rivalry between us or some folks would be jumping on ya. Who knows, maybe one will start when (if) we pull the upset saturday. Thanks for stopping by mOM82 and feel free to contribute on any of the game threads for the next few days. GO ZIPS!