Akron 2 - UIC 1

Good win against a quality opponent... I think the five teams we've played so far have all been in the Top 25 at some point. Akron's first goal was just classic. Zakuani got tripped up just outside the 18-yard box and while half of the UIC players were carping to the ref about the call, Bradbrook put the ball down quickly and passed it over to Tutich who fired it into an all but open goal as the keeper was scrambling back. I'd never seen anything quite like that before.Next home game is Sunday the 23rd vs. Kentucky @ 2:00... followed up by the Ohio State game on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering -- and since I'm reading this thread, it's quicker to ask than look up boxscores -- Is Mike Nanchoff getting any playing time yet this year? I just got home from watching his sister play for Duquesne vs Hawaii, and was wondering. Ahhhhh, what memories, Georgie and Louie and Friday evenings eating paprikash at the Hungarian-American Club! But I digress.BTW-- I think I just saw a score on ESPNU -- that tOSU beat UCLA in LA??? Next Wednesday will be VERY big after the season -- if we don't win the MACC -- and for seeding regardless. PLEASE bring ALL your friends, loved ones and coaches from Southern Ohio to watch this battle for Ohio futbal supremacy. Hell -- bring Bob Dowdy back! :D

BTW-- I think I just saw a score on ESPNU -- that tOSU beat UCLA in LA???  Next Wednesday will be VERY big after the season -- if we don't win the MACC -- and for seeding regardless.  PLEASE bring ALL your friends, loved ones and coaches from Southern Ohio to watch this battle for Ohio futbal supremacy.  Hell -- bring Bob Dowdy back!    :D
I take that back, way, back. The jockeyes lost to the Bruins on Friday 3-1. Play today (Sun) vs CSU-Fullerton. This is the tournament I hope UA will play in in another couple years -- doesn't look like any Left Coast road trips next year. You listening out there, LA Zip?