What game was Can't coach Doug Martin at?

ZipAnalyst

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Martin said two things yesterday after the game that are true, but should not be said after a loss. The first is above. The second has something to do with giving the game away with turnovers. Both are true. However, Can't didn't seem to have an answer for our defense either. Coach Martin should coach not turning the ball over better.Akron beat a very good team yesterday. We should all feel great today.

Doesn't seem to me that Martin is giving much credit to Akron for winning the game. That's my take on it. He just sounds like a sore loser. This will add more fuel to the fire in this great rivalry. Sure, we got some turnovers. But at times, our defense was dominating them. And their QB only completed 8 passes the entire game. That's because of good defense. Give credit where credit is due.

As the Can't players were exiting the field there were some Akron fans heckling them. The coach was furious. He started screaming at his team not to pay any attention to them. That, "they're Akron and they have no class." I don't know if it was the sun or his blood pressure but it was obvious that he did not expect to lose this game. I feel so bad for him. :D

Are we talking about Doug Martin or Lee Owens Version 2.0?Can't fans think they can see the light at the end of the tunnel. What they don't see because of the cloud of pot smoke around their heads is that the light is an oncoming train. Can't is to the MAC in 2007 what the Cincinnati Bengals are to the NFL in 2007........a pretender with a lot of promise. Everyone has figured Can't out and the party is over.

:rock: doug martin has done some positive things over at can't...what he needs to learn is that he IS AT can't...not michigan state....michigan....osu etc etc...if his guys were as good as he thought those balls wouldn't have been on the ground and that pass would'nt have been picked AND what i thought was the best play of the day...J. Arthur beats the great jack williams on an ad lib play for the TD!...the lateral on the kick off wasn't bad either...get some class coach...and have a nice season...do us a favor and beat OU...

:rock: doug martin has done some positive things over at can't...what he needs to learn is that he IS AT can't...not michigan state....michigan....osu etc etc...if his guys were as good as he thought those balls wouldn't have been on the ground and that pass would'nt have been picked AND what i thought was the best play of the day...J. Arthur beats the great jack williams on an ad lib play for the TD!...the lateral on the kick off wasn't bad either...get some class coach...and have a nice season...do us a favor and beat OU...
and OSU. I'd love to see Can't do it. I might even go to the game in Can't gear.

I might even go to the game in Can't gear.
Looks like someone's a little confused as to who our rival is... THAT is why we're small time is because half of our fans are so blindly jealous of another school's success that they're willing to cheer for Can't. How many OSU fans do you think ever cheer for Michigan for any reason?Your skyscrapers are going to end up more like Rex Humbard's tower restaurant with an attitude like that. :screwks::screwks::screwks:

I might even go to the game in Can't gear.
Looks like someone's a little confused as to who our rival is... THAT is why we're small time is because half of our fans are so blindly jealous of another school's success that they're willing to cheer for Can't. How many OSU fans do you think ever cheer for Michigan for any reason?Your skyscrapers are going to end up more like Rex Humbard's tower restaurant with an attitude like that. :screwks::screwks::screwks:
:cheers: As for Doug Martin, If he really said that about Akron fans, he is a jackass.It reminds me of the Bengals coach talking to the Cincy fans about being classy. "This isn't Cleveland". Martin sounds like a poor loser. What a role model for those young players. :chair:

As the Can't players were exiting the field there were some Akron fans heckling them. The coach was furious. He started screaming at his team not to pay any attention to them. That, "they're Akron and they have no class." I don't know if it was the sun or his blood pressure but it was obvious that he did not expect to lose this game. I feel so bad for him. :D
What the heck did he expect them to do, plant a big sloppy one on them?And besides, Can't fans have never, ever heckled the Zips.Grow up.

:rock: doug martin has done some positive things over at can't...what he needs to learn is that he IS AT can't...not michigan state....michigan....osu etc etc...if his guys were as good as he thought those balls wouldn't have been on the ground and that pass would'nt have been picked AND what i thought was the best play of the day...J. Arthur beats the great jack williams on an ad lib play for the TD!...the lateral on the kick off wasn't bad either...get some class coach...and have  a nice season...do us a favor and beat OU...
and OSU. I'd love to see Can't do it. I might even go to the game in Can't gear.
You're talking about wearing Can't gear, and you had the nerve to question the Zips "fanhood" and me and others on this board? You're ridiculous... :rolleyes:

It's understandable if you think about it.If Can't can beat Cowlumbus State, it helps show that the MAC (and other mid-majors) are indeed closing the gap on the BCS-level schools. And it further helps all of us, as a conference, on the recruiting trail. Personally, I can never root for Can't. But, I can certainly understand the benefits of a Can't win in that game.

It's understandable if you think about it.If Can't can beat Cowlumbus State, it helps show that the MAC (and other mid-majors) are indeed closing the gap on the BCS-level schools.  And it further helps all of us, as a conference, on the recruiting trail. Personally, I can never root for Can't.  But, I can certainly understand the benefits of a Can't win in that game.
I will never apologize for saying this: What's good for the MAC is good for Akron. Go Fl-ashes -- beat the A&M Blue Bloods! :gun:

You guys honestly think Can't State beating OSU would do anything for Akron?It would get coverage for a week and then everyone would forget about it and disregard it as a fluke or a one-time thing.One win won't do a damn thing...hate to say it. And any Akron fan that would wear Can't State gear disgusts me...Can't State is our rival, not Ohio State. You think OSU or Michigan fans root for the other to win? Ever? Do you think Duke roots for North Carolina in basketball? Ever??? :chair:

You think OSU or Michigan fans root for the other to win? Ever? Do you think Duke roots for North Carolina in basketball? Ever???
Absolutely. Whenever they aren't playing each other. It makes the rivalry that much better. It's good for the conference, which happens to include both you and your rival. I root for MAC teams to win every game we don't play them in. I also root for our non-conference opponents to win when we aren't playing them, too. Everything is connected. If Army wins the rest of their games, it makes us look better, and the same goes with Can't State. When it comes down to one our conference teams playing somebody who happens to be on our schedule as an OOC game, I root for the MAC team. Winning cures all ailments, and the MAC has a whole hell of a lot of ailments which reflects badly on us since we are associated with them.

sgm...the debates you decide to jump in on, and the arguments you make, just leave me scratching my head sometimes.ANYTIME a MAC school beats a BCS-level school, especially the most recognized program in our own state, it brings media coverage, attention to the conference, and most importantly, a perception among potential area recruits that you have opportunities to win games against big schools if you go to a MAC school.Can't beating Ohio State would be HUGE!! The effects would last for years.Oh, by the way, Derek Anderson is now 1-4 as the Browns starter, and you might as well make that 1-5 since he played most of the Steelers game. There's a reason why this guy could not beat out Charlie Frye for the starting job over the last two years. Plus, like we've said all along, THE QUARTERBACK IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

You guys honestly think Can't State beating OSU would do anything for Akron?It would get coverage for a week and then everyone would forget about it and disregard it as a fluke or a one-time thing.One win won't do a damn thing...hate to say it. And any Akron fan that would wear Can't State gear disgusts me...Can't State is our rival, not Ohio State. You think OSU or Michigan fans root for the other to win? Ever? Do you think Duke roots for North Carolina in basketball? Ever??? :chair:
Ok, I wasn't going to say anything, but if you follow football at all, then a real fan, roots for it's rival in every game except the one against the main team. All Buckeye fans should root for Michigan all the way to the last game of the season. Why? Because then you look that much better when you beat them. All Zips fans should root for Can't in every game except for when we are facing them. Why? Because it feels that much better to know you ruined your rivals great season.I root for any MAC school when they play a BCS school. Why? Because it shows high school players across the country that it doesn't matter what conference you play for, it matters how you play. Bottom Line, Can't is going to look even worse against OSU then we did. They make way too many errors. (Them losing will but a smile on my face because I hate Can't, but truthfully and MAC win over a BCS is chool is great for the conference). We might have played the Bucks conservatively but it least it kept us in the game until the end.Bottom, Bottom Line; we need to be concerned about UCONN not who anyone else is playing.

I'm more and more dumbfounded every day by some of the stuff I read on here.No, Ohio State and Michigan NEVER cheer for each other, Duke and UNC NEVER cheer for each other, Alabama and Auburn NEVER cheer for each other... under any circumstances. None of them give a rat's ass about conference pride... take a look at the fact that Columbus merchants can't keep enough Appalachian St. gear on the shelves as evidence. I was in Greensboro when UNC lost to George Mason two years ago... the Dookies were ecstatic. I was hanging out with a couple of OSU friends during the UM/App. St. game... I thought they were going to have coronaries they were so happy. (Before I catch any hell for that, let it be noted that they joined me at Browns Stadium that night for the Patriot Bowl).Does anyone here know what a rivalry is? Does anyone know that the Buckeyes are not our rivals in any way, shape, or form? Does anyone know that you're supposed to pray night and day that your rival is met with unmitigating humiliation? If Can't lost to a D-III school, I'd throw a party... the MAC can pound sand. I'll say it again, no wonder we aren't big time, we have fans who are actually willing to wear K.e.n.t gear... the same ones that have a cow every time they see a Buckeyes shirt in Akron. The irony makes me want to vomit. :puke::screwks:

Woot...I think you are confusing two different things here.Sure, Ohio State fans got a good laugh when Michigan lost to App. State. It's funny to see your rival lose to a low-level school.But the other scenario is when a fellow Big Ten school is playing a top-ranked opponent. In this case, I know Ohio State fans that will root for Michigan to knock off a big school since it brings more notoriety to the conference, and elevates the conference's ranking.You can't make the statement that no Ohio State fans ever root for Michigan. It all depends on the circumstances.

I'm more and more dumbfounded every day by some of the stuff I read on here.No, Ohio State and Michigan NEVER cheer for each other, Duke and UNC NEVER cheer for each other, Alabama and Auburn NEVER cheer for each other... under any circumstances. None of them give a rat's ass about conference pride... take a look at the fact that Columbus merchants can't keep enough Appalachian St. gear on the shelves as evidence. I was in Greensboro when UNC lost to George Mason two years ago... the Dookies were ecstatic. I was hanging out with a couple of OSU friends during the UM/App. St. game... I thought they were going to have coronaries they were so happy. (Before I catch any hell for that, let it be noted that they joined me at Browns Stadium that night for the Patriot Bowl).Does anyone here know what a rivalry is? Does anyone know that the Buckeyes are not our rivals in any way, shape, or form? Does anyone know that you're supposed to pray night and day that your rival is met with unmitigating humiliation? If Can't lost to a D-III school, I'd throw a party... the MAC can pound sand. I'll say it again, no wonder we aren't big time, we have fans who are actually willing to wear K.e.n.t gear... the same ones that have a cow every time they see a Buckeyes shirt in Akron. The irony makes me want to vomit. :puke::screwks:
Great post.Ditto for IU-Purdue & UMass-UConn. There's no situation that calls for the rival to be supported.Now when Can't faced IU in the NCAA a few years ago .. that was very tough for me.