MID SEASON PREDICTIONS AND MAC 'POWER' RANKINGS

74ZIP

:D ok lets have some fun,,,about halfway through...we have seen or heard about everybody in the MAC...lets pick from top to bottom the best teams,,,AND who will win each division...we have a pretty good idea of who cuts it and who doesn't by now...remember this is for recreational purposes only...nothing personal...my picks are by division with the number indicating my 'opinion' about that team's overall ranking in the entire conference...WEST EASTBALL STATE(2) MIAMI(1)CENTRAL MICHIGAN(3) CAN'T(5)WESTERN MICHIGAN(4) BOWLING GREEN(6) TOLEDO (8) AKRON(7)NIU(9) OU(8)EASTERN MICHIGAN (10) TEMPLE(11) BUFFALO(12)Miami gets the nod because the beat BSU and IF they stay healthy they are likely the most solid team so far.Sorry folks but based on their inconsistent performance the ZIPS will have a hard time the rest of the way. can't slides in ahead of them based on a real solid road win at OU.Remember,just for fun; only my opinion!

My MAC rankings are based on who is the best team, not who has the best chance to win the conference:#1 Bowling Green (Very impressive so far)#2 Ball State (Right behind BG. They are the two best MAC teams by far)#3 Akron (If we fix some of our problems in practice)#4 Can't State (beat an average Ohio team, lost to Akron)#5 CMU#6 Miami#7 Ohio (relatively weak schedule, and not many wins to go with it)#8 WMU (still an unknown)#9 EMU (better than normal, or the competition is worse than normal)#10 NIU (lost to EMU, having a really bad season)#11 Toledo (what happened to them?)#12 Buffalo (showing some glimpses, but not there yet)#13 Temple (holy crap they're bad, UConn overlooked them)

Based upon the performance of the MAC so far this season, we are one of the best teams out there. That's my nice way of saying we are the one of the best of a lot of poor teams. We lost to a good Big East team yesterday and that conference has become one of the best in the country.Akron competes well the remainder of the year and wins the MAC East.

I'm sorry but OU looked awful vs Can't and their two wins were against Gardner-Webb and LA-Lafayette.... The East is wide open for anybody who can get hot...Everybody is focused on Can't, Ohio and BG.... that's fine with me.. no pressure on the Zips.Zips (1-0) and have @ WMU** followed up with MAC EAST games vs Temple, and @ Buffalo coming up..... both of these are winnable games.. We could be 3-0 in the MAC EAST headed into a showdown @ BG. After that we have OU at home and @ Miami, finishing up with CMU** at home. @ BG and @ Miami is where the season could be made or lost. I can see a possible 4-2 or 5-1 in there....BG (1-0) still has @ Can't, OU, the Zips @ EMU** @ Buffalo and Toledo**... If Can't plays well at home, I see 5-1 or 4-2.Can't (1-1) with BG, CMU**, @ NIU** @ Temple and Buffalo. I see 5-1 or 4-2.OU (0-1) still has @ Buffalo, EMU**, @ Toledo**, @ BG, Temple, @ Akron and rival Miami at home. @ BG and @ Akron are potential losses and Rival Miami is toss up. Could be 4-2 or 3-3....Miami (0-0) is @ Can't, BG, @ Temple, @ Vandy, Buffalo, Akron @ Ohio... Can't State and BG are tough matchups.... and OU is rivalry game.... 4-2 or 3-3 possible.**crossovers don't count except for tie-breakers.It's too early to say but we just might be looking at another tie-break scenario with 3 or 4 teams bunched together at 4-2. If so, then crossovers will be critical!